Vulnerable as a blue?

On the other side.....

The day after the 6-1 I got called in to deliver a baby as an emergency- dad there in shiny new rag top. I didnt say anything I had a job to do.
Deliver the child and all looks ok whilst doing the sewing up he says this almost makes up for yesterdays result. Mum says oh shut up the doctor doesn't want to hear about it....

He wasnt happy when I said I had a season ticket at city and his face plummeted when I suggested he name his son Vincent!

As an older than most life long blue I have always been upfront with my allegiance defying all who want to trade words to do so.
That is until our recent change in fortune with Sheikh. M. ownership.

For some reason I am now very low key and almost apologise for being a City fan, always mentioning that after years and years of false dawns and almost comical mismanagement I am due a little bit of success.

I know I should enjoy it but I really am tired of explaining the good that our owner has brought to Eastlands and Manchester generally for that matter.
Others used to have a benevolent, perhaps admiring view in yesteryear of staunch City fans, now they treat the same fans as though we are some sort of cheats.

As an older than most life long blue I have always been upfront with my allegiance defying all who want to trade words to do so.
That is until our recent change in fortune with Sheikh. M. ownership.

For some reason I am now very low key and almost apologise for being a City fan, always mentioning that after years and years of false dawns and almost comical mismanagement I am due a little bit of success.

I know I should enjoy it but I really am tired of explaining the good that our owner has brought to Eastlands and Manchester generally for that matter.
Others used to have a benevolent, perhaps admiring view in yesteryear of staunch City fans, now they treat the same fans as though we are some sort of cheats.
Au contraire, mon ami.

Last season, before Chelsea won the league, I just used to say I supported the Champions. Before another word/dig came in, I said that I had been watching them since 1959, have been a season ticket holder for many years, and was at Newcastle in 1968 (but not York away!) when we won the league then. Now, who wants to talk about football? It generally shuts them up.

Be proud to say who you support, not apologise. Remember, like me, you were chosen.

I have the Agueroooooooooooo commentary moment on my phone as a ring tone. Yesterday, whilst my new dentist was drilling a tooth, my phone rang. The new dentist hears the ring and announces angrily he's a huge rag!
Just wondered if any other blues had been left feeling a little vulnerable when it was revealed they were a blue?

Recent Derby at Old Trafford.. Had Heart Attack and from Club Doctor, Paramedics, Surgeon and Nurses ( Bar 1 ) at Manchester Royal all where Rags, but plenty banter was had.

Round the corner from me lives a man mountain from salford we have always chatted about footy but after that Aguerooooooooooo (still my text ring) about 8o'clock there's a knock at my door, my lads said dont answer dad its Karl !, you could tell it was him as he bloked the light though the door !. Feeling brave after a few pints i answered the door he said 'best team won' and shook my hand. Not all utd fans are scum ..................just most !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.