Watching City in Thailand

Sorry forgot to quote you.
Ha I'm in Malaysia at work now, will be back home on Wed. Don't know Phuket too well, been a while since I've been down there. You will need to ask around but there is a good chance the 1st leg could be on terrestrial TV. Derby won't be a problem as 0030 kick off and will big game for the Thais too. Same with the 2nd leg, maybe on terrestrial. If you check the inside page of the Bangkok post on the day of the game, or the day before in this case, they will have TV listings for all the live sports. If on TV will be CH 3, 5 or 7.
Malaysia will be Astro Supersports 3 but an hour later than Thailand, if in KL should be easy to find a place to watch.

The wedding is in penang on the 31st in a place called batu ferringu so mayybe hotel would have everton game on

The wedding is in penang on the 31st in a place called batu ferringu so mayybe hotel would have everton game on
I’ve been there. From memory you’ll be lucky to find a bar, never mind one open at 4am.

Regarding Phuket and Bangkok you can have a walk around and I’d guarantee one or two of the smaller bars will be open to cater for the ex pat night owls

It's the beach part of Penang with lots of hotels so I'm sure it will be shown in the hotel bars. KO should be plus 8 hours U.K. time.

My mate (lives in Thailand and lived in Phuket for a while) reckons a few of the lads are on the right lines, hotels show CL games and small bars will stay open if you're spending money.

Last edited:
I'll be in phuket for the 1st leg and the derby and I'm in Bangkok for the 2nd leg. To complicate things I'll be in Malaysia for the game against Everton on the same day my brother gets married over there.

A lot of the bars close around 1-3am in Bangkok. Your best chance is around be Sukhumvit area, preferably Nana Plaza. You will tend to find that all games will be on your hotel tv anyway. I’m there at the minute and they always have the games on tv, watched the Basel game the other day in my room. I don’t really know Phuket to well, but Patong beach bars will definitely have the game on.

I'll be in phuket for the 1st leg and the derby and I'm in Bangkok for the 2nd leg. To complicate things I'll be in Malaysia for the game against Everton on the same day my brother gets married over there.

I'm retired and spend most of the year in Phuket (south of the island known as Gods waiting room to us FOC's) but I gave up watching the games in bars and got myself an IPTV box which virtually has every live game.

You should have no problem finding a bar for the derby although maybe difficult for the CL games at that hour as there is a push to close the bars earlier especially in Patong but has been mentioned the CL games are shown on terrestrial tv so should have it on in your hotel.

You'll struggle to find anywhere in Bkk for late games mate, better off staying in Pattaya for a few days, there's always bars showing games there, at all times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.