Watching Fernandino, Silva and KDB yesterday

never thought i'd see a better pairing than Xavi and Iniesta. we have now with Kev and Dave. Fern and Busquets is too close to call.
Our three is better, they were just lucky to play with Messi.

They are indeed the holy trinity around which our church is based. That said, and despite laying on the 2nd goal and playing a glorious pass inside the full back to put Walker in, in the 2nd half, I thought Kev was distinctly sub-par yesterday. Sloppy with several passes and gave the ball away cheaply twice in the build up to Everton's goal. He should be POTY by a country mile of course, irrespective of the current Salah propaganda campaign.

Dave and Ferna were both majestic though yesterday

I agree with that, but KDB usually gives the ball away more (not checked the stats, but I am sure he does) because he's the one playing the quick one-touch attempted through ball. He's more adventurous, more speculative, and often it doesn't come off. But often it does, which is why he has so many assists I guess.

Silva has just been ridiculous lately. I used to find him infuriating in that he too often panics and fucks up in front of goal, but lately he's not even doing that. He runs the game most times he plays and for me is the best player I've ever seen in a light blue shirt.

That we can even debate whether our three are as good as Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta, is quite insane really. What on earth have we become???

His radar wasn’t quite there yesterday. Not a dig - he has been phenomenal. But those adventurous passes he is so exquisite at just didn’t come off at all really. Most of the completed passes were second half when it was keep ball. He has the occasional game like that.

Doesn't really equate to "being poor" though, does it ?

Doesn't really equate to "being poor" though, does it ?

No, it doesn't.

It's a constant - albeit minor - irritation to me that supporters refer to City players having been more when they simply have not been. To some extent, I'm just being pedantic because - I think - people are speaking in relative terms and the high standards City have set this season mean that what would be a good performance in another team or for another player is viewed as poor when in fact it is just a case of not being at their very best.

When comparing those Barca players to City's, the edge the Barca players could claim, imo, would be consistency. Xavi, who was my favourite of their midfield trio, was like a metronome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.