Watford (H) - Sat 23rd April, 15:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see not one Blue has named Steffan in their rotated side. I agree, far too risky.

Hopefully Pep wont give him the chance to redeem himself this season. Their is zero room for error now.

I see not one Blue has named Steffan in their rotated side. I agree, far too risky.

Hopefully Pep wont give him the chance to redeem himself this season. Their is zero room for error now.
Knowing Pep he will probably bring him on if the Champions League final goes to penalties

The lads know the deal here, we can't afford to allow much rest right now. The only place in the team where we have the resources to cover that is the top 3 where Grealish, Raz and Gabby have all had a rest. Everywhere else we will need to go all out for the run in. This isn't a new experience for them, unlike Liverpool we have been in this situation many times and they have the FA Cup to add to their list as well.

They scheduled the weekend for the Copa del Rey game, which Madrid isn’t involved. There in only one La Liga game, Barcelona’s, on Sunday.
Cheers for explaining that.
Whilst it’s still unfair, I can now see how they rationalise it, ie they don’t actually say, “oh, we have a team in Europe, so let’s scrap their fixture”

Why are you all expecting Cancelo to start? He has played every match recently and there's a lot bigger and tougher match against Real just three days after Watford.

Of course we have to beat Watford too, but if we do the math and play the likelihoods, then we realise Real match is a number one priority.

Isn't there at least a reasonable chance that he is rested against Watford?
Isn’t cancelo suspended for Madrid game having picked up another yellow against athletico?

I wonder is an argument to start Egan Riley in this one because if Stones isn’t fit for Tuesday, then he’ll probably have to play against Madrid.

It was someone on here speculating I think mate, based on the pain Kyle was in rather than any actual information
I think it’s also people trying to interpret Pep’s language when referring to injured players. “Not yet” or “this might be too soon” often means they might be ready in a week or two. The phrase he used about Kyle was “we don’t know yet when he will be ready” which usually means it will be a few weeks before they can start training.

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko

Rodri
Kdb
Foden

Bernardo
Jesus
Sterling
I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Grealish instead of Jesus. If we have to play a makeshift right back on Tuesday, Jesus might be asked to provide extra support, shuttling up and down the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.