Watford v City pre-match thread (team news pg 23)

Watford (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caballero, Fernandinho, Kompany, Otamnedi, Kolarov, Toure, Silva, De Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Aguero. No need to change anything, expecting a comfortable win. They've lost their last five, if we can't win we deserve whatever fate we get.

I see half of those thinking we will lose are the same faces that thought we'd lose the last three as well.

Fingers crossed their powers of divination remain the same.

Don't knock it, divination is what made me a City fan....

zAEuMm5irzwVq.gif

Last edited:
Again I expect us to get a win and end the competition in a bit of style. It's often hard to predict what a team does do playing the last game at home. Especially when it turns out their manager will sit in his chair for the last time. We should be professional and win due to the fact we DO have something to play for other than the-final-position-in-the-table-money. However ... qualifying for the Chimps League is all about money.

Same team as Tuesday to start with.

And Pep should do a Mouninho telling we have a day less to prepare. Just to take the piss ...

I think we should change very little. After initially looking a bit unsure in the right back role, Fernandinho has played fantastic there lately in my opinion, striding into midfield with confidence, pressuring high without the ball, aggressive. Keep him there. Kolarov or Clichy, not much in it at left back, but for the love of god don't play Stones. Attack wise, I'd keep it the same, Sterling has been in terrible form.

What worried me most was that Pep seems as good at maths as Pellegrini was as he did not seem at all phased by that late goal conceded when we should have gone for the kill. He seemed to think from later comments that Arsenal needed to get five or six v Everton to stop us. That should have been true had we not decided to turn the last half hour into a farewell party and lose all focus. Can nobody at City count these days but it was very sloppy to add pressure onto Sunday?

One of Bayern's players admitted after that match that they also didn't know whether to stick or twist. Hopefully Pep will designate one of the staff to keep tabs on the Arsenal & Liverpool games and update him on the situation, especially if those games produce unusual scorelines.

Let's hope we get an early goal so the ref (Moss) will not have a chance to screw us over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.