Waving Imaginary cards - who cares

I'd rather our players show emotion and stand up for themselves than be all gentlemanly. Being nice gets you nowhere in the grand scheme of things.

In recent weeks I've seen Kante have a free reign to persistent foul for 90 mins, which includes wiping Dave out at the knee, and not being booked. Then in the same game, watched Delph get a yellow card for his second challenge. I've seen us be denied the most clearest of stonewall penalties you will ever see against Liverpool and then give away a soft penalty. Then when our captain talks to the ref he gets booked.

If referees applied the laws of the game consistently and fairly and stopped trying to engineer the result, then there would be no need to wave imaginary cards.
Edited for accuracy.

watching the match last night, messi did it, nothing was said, then another player did it and they went all moral, I think there are worse things going on the pitch than waving a card.

another thing about the commentary ,they were saying why don't barca lob it forward rather than pass it out of the back so the front three can battle for it, this sadly is the English mentality and I reckon it will never change,

I never hear Darke be in such uproar when Rooney and Herrera surround referees and swear in their faces.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night

Also, maybe this is one of the problems with the English game, they spent longer moaning about the 'imaginary card' than they did about the foul!

Never understood why waving an imaginary card is bad, but screaming "fucking hell ref send the **** off" is good English sportsmanship.

It's something that commentators tend to associate with players from overseas - "He may do that in Italy but you don't do that in this country". Comes across as dog whistle racism from the commentators and media.

Yes, the weird code of psuedo-moral bollocks that only applies to football and only in Britain. I will add a couple of others, in normal life wearing gloves when you're outside in the cold is absolutely fine but if you're playing football in England then you are of dubious moral fibre. And I used to work with a fella who had played professional football for Chesterfield and Mansfield. He used to go on and on about spitting and he said to me that he would rather another player broke his leg than spat at him. Very strange indeed if you ask me.

Any player doing should automatically get a yellow themself. Only way to stop it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.