We have one of the most negative fan bases in football

That's a really sad thought. If my love for City diminished like that, a part of me would die inside. We all have ups and downs with our interest levels, based on so many contrasting factors, but for me, they've been utterly central to my life for the last 41 years. I can't imagine it being any other way.

Same here. Being a City fan has defined me as a person, is prominent in the majority of significant moments of my life and is the basis of my most important friendships. Took three days off to see the Palace and Shakhtar matches, left the missus down south. At 41 years of age cannot imagine it any other way.

That's a really sad thought. If my love for City diminished like that, a part of me would die inside. We all have ups and downs with our interest levels, based on so many contrasting factors, but for me, they've been utterly central to my life for the last 41 years. I can't imagine it being any other way.
Sums it up for me as well mate,as you say we all have ups and downs,city play a huge factor in my life and I can’t think what I would be doing without them ...

Same here. Being a City fan has defined me as a person, is prominent in the majority of significant moments of my life and is the basis of my most important friendships. Took three days off to see the Palace and Shakhtar matches, left the missus down south. At 41 years of age cannot imagine it any other way.
Yeah, every relationship I've been in has played second fiddle to City, except one (for most of the relationship). My ex wife was astonished how much City came to consume my life, pretty much as soon as Sven arrived. It seemed to light a new fire inside me. Up to that point, whilst we'd been together (Pearce era) I'd been much more passive in my support. There's little doubt in my mind that my renewed enthusiasm for City played a significant part in the subsequent breakdown of our relationship.

Fair play to you In the taking the time off lark. Needs to be done from time to time :-)

Yeah, every relationship I've been in has played second fiddle to City, except one (for most of the relationship). My ex wife was astonished how much City came to consume my life, pretty much as soon as Sven arrived. It seemed to light a new fire inside me. Up to that point, whilst we'd been together (Pearce era) I'd been much more passive in my support. There's little doubt in my mind that my renewed enthusiasm for City played a significant part in the subsequent breakdown of our relationship.

Fair play to you In the taking the time off lark. Needs to be done from time to time :-)

In fairness she is brilliant about letting me watch the football so I try to be decent about it in return also.

Same as you GDM the Pearce years were a bit of a struggle but Sven and Frank Sinatra (Thaksin) and the new players put a spring back in my step. West Ham away first game with Geovanni, Bianchi, Bojonov etc is still one of my favourite aways. Its got better and better ever since. My only slight regret is I never enjoyed these moments in my teens early 20s when careers, mortgages, bills, life issues were not distractions.

In fairness she is brilliant about letting me watch the football so I try to be decent about it in return also.

Same as you GDM the Pearce years were a bit of a struggle but Sven and Frank Sinatra (Thaksin) and the new players put a spring back in my step. West Ham away first game with Geovanni, Bianchi, Bojonov etc is still one of my favourite aways. Its got better and better ever since. My only slight regret is I never enjoyed these moments in my teens early 20s when careers, mortgages, bills, life issues were not distractions.
I think you're less prone to truly appreciate things in your twenties, than your forties, mate.

I think some of the negativity is caused by what's happened since we were taken over.
Don't get me wrong, it's a privilege to see these players at City and it's wonderful what's happened at our club. The players and staff we have at our club is something i thought i'd never get the chance to see at City but talking to fellow blues of a certain age and quite a few of them feel the same way.
Whilst it's fantastic what's happened and i personally wouldn't want it any other way, there are some older City fans who after years of crying foul regarding the money in the game and the cynicism of certain clubs feel that whilst it's great to finally be able to compete at the top table there's something that just doesn't quite sit right with them regarding our influx of money.
Maybe it's the fact they moaned about money in football and then benefited from it that just doesn't sit right with certain City fans.
I certainly see a difference with younger City fans who sometimes crow about the money and then some older City fans are almost apologetic about it when talking to other fans.

I am 58 years old and dont feel any need to apologise to anyone regarding our influx of money etc
Its simple, we earnt the right to be where we are because WE WERE THERE when we were shit !
Football is big business these days and its not the fans fault that the new owners/investors identified
us as a club with fantastic potential
compare it to any other business, take a pub for instance, Manure is a pub that is successful on one side of the street with its own
customer base(the fans) and on the other side of the street is a pub that is a little run down (City) that has great potential with a
hardcore customer base. Along comes an investor who has every right to throw his money into developing that opportunity !!

Thats it pure and simple !

We have some right t*ts and always have. Insecure and angry, they take on all the crap they hear from press and rags and when we're not a goal up after half an hour out it all comes in their apeish drivel. All those years of failure and underachievement, different managers, players, chairmen one thing remained constant, the vocal over eagerness to get on the backs of all and scapegoats. I'm sure it played a major part in this. Too quickly the atmosphere would sour, the fact that there's still a noticeable element now says it all.

We have some right t*ts and always have. Insecure and angry, they take on all the crap they hear from press and rags and when we're not a goal up after half an hour out it all comes in their apeish drivel. All those years of failure and underachievement, different managers, players, chairmen one thing remained constant, the vocal over eagerness to get on the backs of all and scapegoats. I'm sure it played a major part in this. Too quickly the atmosphere would sour, the fact that there's still a noticeable element now says it all.

At least I am heartened that there are many others who have the mindset I have. I love matchday, the stadium, the walk around the stadium, the players are great and good people aswell.The owners who have embraced our history .
I probably should just ignore them, yet part of me wants to understand why they dislike their own team to the extent of hurling abuse at them.

I just make sure that the abuse to the players is evenly distributed. I tend to boo Aguero, Kompany , both Silvas and the Ginger fraud .
Not fit to lace Gerry Creaneys boots .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.