Wed & Thurs Europa Attendances

oakiecokie

So assuming my maths is correct,the greatest set of football fans the world knows about mustered an incredible 67,000,which equates to a capacity fill of 88.15% (based on a 76,000 capacity)
Us lot,you know the ones who never fill a stadium could only get a gate of 40,000,which equates to only a pathetic 85.11% (based on a 47,000 capacity)
Well aren`t they a wonderful set of fans over at Trafford who boasted a whopping 3.04% increase over our wonderful Blue fans.
Take into consideration the shit weather and a woeful kick off time for us,then its time for them to start looking at their own fans and asking a Delia "lets be havin` you"
Congratulations you wonderful Blues Fans.

Re: Wed & Thurs EUROPA Gates Attendances

Percentages, shmercentages. They managed 27,000 more than us.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am --<br /><br />Percentages, shmercentages. They managed 27,000 more than us.

I think next time it will be the same so the second leg has to be moved to Wednesday with an early kickoff.

I'm sure it wouldnt be 67k for United if that is a 5pm kickoff. And they saw their team losing.

Jackson-ctid said:
Percentages, shmercentages. They managed 27,000 more than us.

We don't claim to be the biggest club in the world or close to it nor do we make songs mocking their empty seats when no Premier League club has to my knowledge had as many empty seats in a single game this season as they did against Palace in the Carling Cup.

OP: Thursday night is inconvenient for the tourists and day trippers from down south, and if not for them United would get around 50,000 per match from their northern support.

Jackson-ctid said:

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am --

But this is the greatest set of fans the world has ever seen.
Well according to them.
You sound like a true defeatest.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 am --<br /><br />
Jackson-ctid said:

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am --

They also manage to get 29,000 more than us on PL games,but hey thats been built up over a 20-30 year period.

Skashion said:
Aren't all season ticket holders obliged to buy European tickets (and FA Cup tickets) at the rags?

As far as I know this was certainly the case for the CL,but whether they could opt out with it being a different competition,I`m not sure.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 am --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Jackson-ctid said:

We don't claim to be the biggest club in the world or close to it nor do we make songs mocking their empty seats when no Premier League club has to my knowledge had as many empty seats in a single game this season as they did against Palace in the Carling Cup.

OP: Thursday night is inconvenient for the tourists and day trippers from down south, and if not for them United would get around 50,000 per match from their northern support.

I would also imagine that our next EUROPA home game will see us getting a near sell out,based on an 7.45/8.00pm KO.

Damanino said:
I think next time it will be the same so the second leg has to be moved to Wednesday with an early kickoff.

I'm sure it wouldnt be 67k for United if that is a 5pm kickoff. And they saw their team losing.

Round of 16 we are away first while they are at home.

Potentially any round after that though, depending on the draw.

oakiecokie said:
As far as I know this was certainly the case for the CL,but whether they could opt out with it being a different competition,I`m not sure.
Just been and looked and the powers that be at the rags are they not merciful. They took the decision to allow people to opt-out (so all season ticket holders are included by default) and that non-attendees are getting nowhere near final tickets. That is seriously kind by their standards.

oakiecokie said:
Skashion said:
Aren't all season ticket holders obliged to buy European tickets (and FA Cup tickets) at the rags?

As far as I know this was certainly the case for the CL,but whether they could opt out with it being a different competition,I`m not sure.

-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 am --

LoveCity said:
Jackson-ctid said:

I would also imagine that our next EUROPA home game will see us getting a near sell out,based on an 7.45/8.00pm KO.

It will be Sporting Lisbon at 6:00 or 8:05 on 15 March.

I want to see what happens in the away leg before making predictions for the home attendance.

If the kick off is 8:05 I would hope for a 40,000 plus attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.