Wed & Thurs Europa Attendances

Re: Wed & Thurs EUROPA Gates Attendances

School holiday week in Manchester helped our attendance hugely, especially with the kids at a fiver price

Next round, the second leg at home, 8pm Thursday on telly and a normal school week. If we have a decent lead after the first game in Portugal, I reckon no more than 30,000, especially if prices are £25+ for adults

danburge82 said:
oakiecokie said:
So assuming my maths is correct,the greatest set of football fans the world knows about mustered an incredible 67,000,which equates to a capacity fill of 88.15% (based on a 76,000 capacity)
Us lot,you know the ones who never fill a stadium could only get a gate of 40,000,which equates to only a pathetic 85.11% (based on a 47,000 capacity)
Well aren`t they a wonderful set of fans over at Trafford who boasted a whopping 3.04% increase over our wonderful Blue fans.
Take into consideration the shit weather and a woeful kick off time for us,then its time for them to start looking at their own fans and asking a Delia "lets be havin` you"
Congratulations you wonderful Blues Fans.
Are you seriously making thread about this?!

Honestly?!

If they got 67k, they still got 27k more than us even if we did get 40k and i don't think we even got 40k, in reality it was about 25-27k.

The words 'straws' 'clutching' 'obsessed' and 'for fucks sake' come to mind!

25-27k??????

The ground looked pretty full all around to me. No real clusters of empty seats anywhere apart from CB3. I sit row Z in ES1 so couldn't see tiers above me, but my brother sits in CB Lower and said both stands above me looked really full. 40k sounds like an accurate attendance to me.

danburge82 said:
oakiecokie said:
So assuming my maths is correct,the greatest set of football fans the world knows about mustered an incredible 67,000,which equates to a capacity fill of 88.15% (based on a 76,000 capacity)
Us lot,you know the ones who never fill a stadium could only get a gate of 40,000,which equates to only a pathetic 85.11% (based on a 47,000 capacity)
Well aren`t they a wonderful set of fans over at Trafford who boasted a whopping 3.04% increase over our wonderful Blue fans.
Take into consideration the shit weather and a woeful kick off time for us,then its time for them to start looking at their own fans and asking a Delia "lets be havin` you"

Honestly?!

If they got 67k, they still got 27k more than us even if we did get 40k and i don't think we even got 40k, in reality it was about 25-27k.

Now you just go and sit down and nursey will be along with your tablets in a minute.
25-27K now who`s having a laugh ??<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:20 am --<br /><br />
The Pink Panther said:
School holiday week in Manchester helped our attendance hugely, especially with the kids at a fiver price

Next round, the second leg at home, 8pm Thursday on telly and a normal school week. If we have a decent lead after the first game in Portugal, I reckon no more than 30,000, especially if prices are £25+ for adults

Thought the half term was the previous week ?? It certainly was around here.

danburge82 said:
oakiecokie said:

Honestly?!

Dan, has your account been hacked by a Rag or summat?!!! You're one of the better posters around here but to claim there were only 25-27k at our game the other night is so wide off the mark it's untrue. If you'd said 35-37k then you'd have a point mate.

Let's look at this logically. There are an estimated 18,000 fans on the European cup scheme, so 20,000 or so additional tickets will have been sold once the date and kick-off time were announced. Very few of those additional 20,000 or so fans will have been unable to make it to the game because few people in their right mind would make the effort to buy a ticket for a game that they wouldn't be able to attend.

Hence, it's more likely that the vast majority of non-attendees will have come from those on the cup scheme who are automatically allocated a ticket than those who bought tickets specifically for this game that aren't on it. You're not seriously suggesting that 13,000-15,000 out of 18,000 fans on the cup scheme didn't turn up on Wednesday? My guess is that once all the late arrivals got into the ground, there were no more than 2,000-3,000 ticket holders that hadn't shown - possibly even less than that.

I'll also add that United have the same issues with non-attending fans on cup schemes and as such I doubt very much that there were 67k inside their ground last night. To take an example, my boss has a ST in the North Stand at their gaff and he told me that a couple of years ago for almost every single match of that particular season - both league and cup games - there were 4 empty seats immediately in front of him.

Even if we had all 47500 and there were no Porto fans, the Rags will still have had more than us by a considerable amount.

There were empty seats everywhere though. I watched the highlights of our game back last night before the Bilboa-Locomotiv game and Blue seats were very noticeable. The only full areas were the singing sections.

danburge82 said:
Even if we had all 47500 and there were no Porto fans, the Rags will still have had more than us by a considerable amount.

There were empty seats everywhere though. I watched the highlights of our game back last night before the Bilboa-Locomotiv game and Blue seats were very noticeable. The only full areas were the singing sections.

I think you need to review the thread again and look at the % Capacity which was my aim in this debate.They showed only a 3% rise above our gate.
I pointed out that they have have a far greater folowing than us anyway,but for all their piss taking,its nice in a debate to be able to throw this back in their faces.

danburge82 said:

Exactly. This thread makes us look petty and inaccurate. I expected their attendance to be much lower than it was. They probably thought the same about ours. Both excellent attendances in the current econimical climate. Can't we leave it at that and move on?

danburge82 said:

Perhaps there were 8,000 or so empty seats on Wednesday evening. I was there. Even folk next to me were commenting on how full the stadium looked for such a bad kick-off time.

There certainly wasn't almost 20,000 empty as you suggest with your estimated 27k attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.