Welcome Bernardo Silva

They wouldn't be interested. Their business model is buy frances best young kids, keep them for a few years and sell them for huge profit. Bringing in loans isn't something they'd want to do because it wouldn't benefit them, and they don't need to rely on other clubs loanees either, as they've got money.

They've already got players who can be Silva's replacement too. A Brazilian called Boschila who's supposed to be very good but is injured, and our own Rony Lopes who is bring brought back from loan to Lille.
Wasn't Bernard Silva on loan with them before they eventually bought him:-)

Wasn't Bernard Silva on loan with them before they eventually bought him:-)

Yeah but that's different - if Silva was good they were always going to buy him.

If Roberts is incredible, would we want him going to Monaco for £14m like Silva did ?

Andre Gomes is a big strong lad, which Santos seems to love. (Carvalho, Gomes and Joao Mario with Renato Sanches in reserve as their central midfield) Silva suffers for the fact that they don't play with a position for him. They don't play with a 10 and the wingers are mainly used as direct, quick players instead, so Nani and Quaresma tend to play on the right while Ronaldo plays on the left, with Andre Silva establishing himself upfront. All very physical and direct

I think Sterling will be fine as he offers something different, he's that direct, quick option that neither De Bruyne nor Silva offer. Personally I think Kev is in danger of becoming the odd man out as he struggled to do what Pep wanted in the middle, although he did counter that by having great individual moments that led o a lot of assists. Not convinced his general play was up to scratch a lot of the time. He's got so much quality though that I think he'll turn it around, but Bernardo Silva threatens him more than Sterling imo

Interesting stuff that mate. Depends on how you view our team but not sure we play with an out and out 10, more two 8s, Interiors with Silva the one more responsible for adding additional numbers in the box.

It is a real conundrum with De Bruyne. Personally I watch him some games and think he is more suited out wide with his pinpoint delivery but then you watch the pass against Arsenal or his threaded balls of late to Sane and you cannot but think he is perfect as an 8 also.

I think last season the continual missing of chances and lack of numbers in the box lends itself to playing both Aguero and Jesus in a wide position as we do not have enough players scoring. That leaves three places for me, two number 8s and one wide player and we have Silva, KDB, Gundogan, B. Silva, Sterling and Sane to fill those roles. It's why I wonder where he fits in.

Last edited:
Yeah but that's different - if Silva was good they were always going to buy him.

If Roberts is incredible, would we want him going to Monaco for £14m like Silva did ?
I hope he comes back after the cup final today. This signing makes that more difficult along with Sanchez if we get him. If he had to go on loan that's where I would like him to go:-)

Bernardo hmmmm.......

th

Welcome Bernardo......

manchester-city-bernardo-corradi-252-merlin-2007-f.a.-premier-league-07-football-sticker-37118-p.jpg

Good interview on the OS.

Smart fellow with the right amount arrogance to be a very good footballer for us.

The first of at least 5 more signings that will be knocking for a spot in the first eleven.

Great start to the window and no doubt more younger hungry players to come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.