Welcome Bernardo Silva

a cum rag?
$_1.JPG
Yes, one of those.

Apologies Ric.

But page 6 of the thread, probably like all the other 5 pages, is an absolute gem. :-) 1 or 2 sensible and honest posts, but the other's are hilarious. If Silva#2 had signed for United, all of them would be over the Blue Moon ;-) about it.

Enjoy with a early morning brew.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/bernardo-silva-man-city-player.429397/page-6

Only had to read a few posts on page one until I came across the classic from notquiteManc:
Didn't fancy him anyway.

So fucking predictable, it's unreal.

Portugals manager is negative, he like to play older players and generally prefers strong midfielders and quick direct wingers, a bit like Maureen, so it's take a lot for someone like Silva to really establish himself. The previous manager was even more negative and even more obsessed with older players, so no young players got a look in. He also missed out on the Euro's due to injury, otherwise he'd have more caps.

I imagine he'll play right wing at first, but with very much an eye on him taking over as number 10. Could easily see him and Dave playing in the middle and De Bruyne being put out wide right as well

But Andre Gomes seems to have established himself?? Not looking to score points just curious.

So that would suggest Sterling might be the fall guy next year as I think we look a bit top heavy in the wide positions and number 8 roles.

Be interesting to see the price of Verratti if he leaves this summer as I thought Pep would look at him.

I hope he is a great signing and from what I have read he seems a decent player. I emphasis "read" cos only seen him play twice. What I don't know is how these people on here know so much about how fantastic he is?!? Do you all watch French football week in and week out (is it even on). Look forward to us signing a prospect from Bolivia who has been playing for Real Potosi and everyone says what a great player he will be (I googled that team - obviously never heard of them)...

Ligue in is shown on BT Sport and Monaco is one of the teams, along with PSG and Olympique Marseille that is featured regularly.

But Andre Gomes seems to have established himself?? Not looking to score points just curious.

So that would suggest Sterling might be the fall guy next year as I think we look a bit top heavy in the wide positions and number 8 roles.

Be interesting to see the price of Verratti if he leaves this summer as I thought Pep would look at him.
Andre Gomes is a big strong lad, which Santos seems to love. (Carvalho, Gomes and Joao Mario with Renato Sanches in reserve as their central midfield) Silva suffers for the fact that they don't play with a position for him. They don't play with a 10 and the wingers are mainly used as direct, quick players instead, so Nani and Quaresma tend to play on the right while Ronaldo plays on the left, with Andre Silva establishing himself upfront. All very physical and direct

I think Sterling will be fine as he offers something different, he's that direct, quick option that neither De Bruyne nor Silva offer. Personally I think Kev is in danger of becoming the odd man out as he struggled to do what Pep wanted in the middle, although he did counter that by having great individual moments that led o a lot of assists. Not convinced his general play was up to scratch a lot of the time. He's got so much quality though that I think he'll turn it around, but Bernardo Silva threatens him more than Sterling imo

One thing is for sure, all our forward players need to be on top of their game next season or someone will be snapping up their place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.