'We're not really here' (Sky Sports)

Brilliant programme. Wish it was longer!

Joe Royle was right, we do think they were great days. They were great days! If we’d not got promoted it would have been a different story but that season ingrained City into me (as a 16 year old at the time) more than anything else could have done.

I don’t think being a boring bottom half Prem side would have had the same effect on me as that journey in the late 90s and early 00s did.

I loved every player in that team, at the time I loved the kits (think both are fucking horrible now, mind), I loved how we got 30000 to home games and used to completely take over away grounds.

They were great days!

I think Sky nailed that, I will admit I have a toe in with the agenda brigade but that was a very good watch fair play
Sky’s programming team do excellent work for us.

The Centurions documentary and now this one, have both been superb!

It’s their match day stuff that’s a load of shit but you realise that doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme. Sound bites from pundits are just like gutter press stuff. Most of them can’t string a proper sentence together, most of them are thick as fuck, most of them have played the game to the highest level but don’t understand the game and most of them are too biased to take seriously.

That programme summed up everything what supporting this club was and is about. I too wish it had been longer but it packed a lot in during the allotted time.

The morons of other clubs who slag us off should watch this, especially those questioning our support. We sold forty six thousand tickets in what was a third tier play off final and if they had given us more we would gave sold them too. It is still hard to believe we ended up in the old third division but we did. This place would have imploded at the time lol.

Once we all stopped the bickering and anger and unified together we were on a roll back to the top.

Just watched it. When Weaver saves the penalty, I had a tear from nowhere. I didn’t sense it coming but was a bit overwhelmed as he saved it.

A truly character building season that will live with me forever. I’ll be sitting the boys down later for a history lesson. All my lads have ever known is City being brilliant.

We knew how to please the fans back then. Could you imagine our match day forum if tinternet would have been truly around then!
Twas around then alright (WookiesLair, TalkinCity, and others I can’t recall) and was more relied on with some games not even having radio commentary and us getting giddy reading training updates from guys up ladders and such :-)

I remember listening on the internet in Massachusetts not believing how shit we were to begin with and how miraculous it was in the end. My roommates thought City were pathetic but they did respect our relentless hope. That’s why we can never doubt our owner. He was the knight in shining armor that we dreamt for.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.