West Ham 2016/17

Atmosphere was propar rocking today despite another average performance

Shame a few dickheads are kicking off trying to be Danny Dyers - nothing to do with the stadium. Same minority of twats were doing the same at Upton Park - never got reported mind.

I always wondered was it feasible to build a new stand opposite the main stand at Upton Parl. There were three relatively new stands and I'm sure a huge construction of possible would have brought the capacity up to 50000 plus, an intimate, tight ground with a large capacity and remained in West Ham's spiritual home.

I don't care what anyone says I would give my right arm to have stayed at a completely rebuilt Maine Road.

Is the stadium really that much of a issue for the players or just an excuse? They bought several players who never played at Upton Park so shouldn't really effect them, players like Payet have only been there 1 year so could hardly call it 'home' and apart from all that, professional footballers generally play at lots of different grounds throughout thier career so should be used to different environments

The reality is they have some key players injured, bought some shit ones and have probably been found out a little bit

They have work to do considering they have played Watford, Bournmouth and Boro at home and only won one

I always wondered was it feasible to build a new stand opposite the main stand at Upton Parl. There were three relatively new stands and I'm sure a huge construction of possible would have brought the capacity up to 50000 plus, an intimate, tight ground with a large capacity and remained in West Ham's spiritual home.

I don't care what anyone says I would give my right arm to have stayed at a completely rebuilt Maine Road.

I don't think planning permission would allow it. We are only a few miles away from the area - but for me personally, aside from the view, mines still good - every single thing about the Olympic Stadium and the area is so much better than Upton Park

I think you'll find City did the same when we came to Eastlands - we all have a Customer Number now...

I think the standing issue for West Ham is exacerbated by two things - the shallowness of the bowl and the fact that people have been moved around relative to each other from Upton Park - thus you end up with (quite thoughtless in my view) fans standing up in front of families etc who want to sit down thus having their view utterly and totally blocked - WHU urgently need to go through a 'reorganisation' of seating (much like we did for 1894 earlier this year) so those that must stand are placed at the back of blocks

You've also got circa 25000 "new" regulars turning up spread around the stadium and expecting to sit down for most of the game

Boro fan stabbed, a coach of Boro fans attacked, coin thrown at a bloke in a wheel chair after Boro's goal. West Ham fans are enjoying their new gaffe!

Karen Brady has said that the club had "no culture" when she arrived. That should help calm things down a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.