West Ham Olympic Stadium

ifiwasarichfan said:
Would it not be possible for West Ham and Spurs to share the Ground ?

West Ham fans hate Spurs with a passion so they'll shit on that from a great height. Imagine City having to share a Ground with U****d now. Ain't going to happen.

Crouchinho said:
You go on about bitter fans, but that post is farcical and bitter beyond belief.

We may well finish up with a lot more than the £17m Boris offered to keep us quite as Levy will threaten to expose the whole flawed process the whole thing was and there are a number of high profile political people involved who will now be pointing their fingers at each other

Finally, there is a big danger Spurs wont even end up with that 17 million Boris offered to keep us quiet...it was a take it or leave it offer and does Levy really want to risk further delays to the NDP after losing out in the Olympic Stadium race

So for many months now, Levy's priorities have been:

a) to get as good a deal as possible for Spurs with regard to the NDP.

and, more importantly,

b) to ensure that West Ham will not benefit excessively from moving to the Olympic stadium.

Levy was indeed out-manoeuvred during the initial bid process.

But not so now.

I think he's got pretty much everything he wanted. A little bit of help for the NDP is welcome. But, more importantly, West Ham's wings have been clipped.

quite gutted how alot of fellow spurs fans have acted over this the vast majority of us didnt want the stadium we got our way yet some still feel the need for us to also stop west ham getting their wishes this is a bit bigger than just a football match between us

Sounds very much to me that you lot are more interested in keeping West Ham down than progressing yourselves.

peoffrey said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Would it not be possible for West Ham and Spurs to share the Ground ?

West Ham fans hate Spurs with a passion so they'll shit on that from a great height. Imagine City having to share a Ground with U****d now. Ain't going to happen.

What on earth makes you think that the politicians have any interest in what the fans think ?

I have the perfect answer. Dont ask them if they want to share the Stadium, make them share the Stadium and in true Tory fashion; Boris can double the rent.

As a City fan I obviously hate Spurs; and unlike some on here I dont have a "soft spot" for West Ham neither. Therefore I would also keep the Running Track in and make the Cockneys take Binoculars to every home game.

As I understand it Spurs' plans for the Olympic stadium should they gain possession of it are to demolish it !

Comedy gold, ycnmiu !!!!!!!

Barry Hearn's in it for Barry Hearn not Orient and he's made quite enough money out of Steve Davis

Give it West Ham, top club top fans

I'll never forget the mutual respect between our fans and theirs after we were relegated there circa 1989

ifiwasarichfan said:
What on earth makes you think that the politicians have any interest in what the fans think ?

Well, many of the Fans will also be their Constituents and thusly the people who keep them in or out of a job. Both West Ham and Tottenham have the decision making power to agree to the move or disagree with it.

The Supporters will stop it from happening.

HarrowInnHammer said:
Maintainin said:
HarrowInnHammer said:
Just to be pedantic but the Olympic Stadium is actually in Newham which is our borough not Orient's.
Proper happy with the news though, this move would kill our support and lots would stop going because of it. We'd end up like Chelsea or Arsenals support which no-one wants.
Your stadium was re-developed with City in mind and the result is you've got lovely new facilities with stands still fairly tight to the pitch.
We would be miles from the pitch, sections would be closed off as the view would be unsuitable and the seats would remain Black and White. It would be a soulless place with nothing 'West Ham' about it.
Lookin back in hindsight, don't you wish you'd taken the 'Dome' plot back when it may of been available ?

Could'nt the sides at Priory Road and Green Street respectivly get re-constructed up towards the gods' ?
Granted not much could be done in regards ya Sth & Nth Banks.

The Dome is south of the river and in a very much Millwall area so that was never a starter.
We had planning permission to extend the East Stand and bring the capacity upto 45,000 but never followed it up.
45,000 is more than enough for us but Gold & Sullivan are after the Olympic Stadium cash cow now
Fuck me, juss google map't it n' make you rite mate, for some strange reason i always assumed the Dome was east of the river, i hear wot ya sayin buh' was'nt all south of Limehouse n' Dogs (I.O.D) original Millwall eastend anyways ? ! ?

Might of beefed up the rivalry with the Lions a tad more....

I actually hold ya Boleyn Ground in good asteem and always ranked it in me top 4 dodgy grounds of back in the day:

#1 Maine Road

#2 Goodison Park

#3 Ayresome Park

Joint #4 The Boleyn Ground/The Den

stony said:
Crouchinho said:
You go on about bitter fans, but that post is farcical and bitter beyond belief.

We may well finish up with a lot more than the £17m Boris offered to keep us quite as Levy will threaten to expose the whole flawed process the whole thing was and there are a number of high profile political people involved who will now be pointing their fingers at each other

Finally, there is a big danger Spurs wont even end up with that 17 million Boris offered to keep us quiet...it was a take it or leave it offer and does Levy really want to risk further delays to the NDP after losing out in the Olympic Stadium race

So for many months now, Levy's priorities have been:

a) to get as good a deal as possible for Spurs with regard to the NDP.

and, more importantly,

b) to ensure that West Ham will not benefit excessively from moving to the Olympic stadium.

Levy was indeed out-manoeuvred during the initial bid process.

But not so now.

I think he's got pretty much everything he wanted. A little bit of help for the NDP is welcome. But, more importantly, West Ham's wings have been clipped.

quite gutted how alot of fellow spurs fans have acted over this the vast majority of us didnt want the stadium we got our way yet some still feel the need for us to also stop west ham getting their wishes this is a bit bigger than just a football match between us

Sounds very much to me that you lot are more interested in keeping West Ham down than progressing yourselves.

Yes, that's what Spurs want to achieve. Keeping West Ham down forever and not try and go up the league table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.