West Ham Post Match Thread | Friendly in Iceland

Anyone else thinking signing Bernardo may have been overkill? Roberts, Brahim, and Foden all waiting in the wings and super talented. Really hope we can bring at least 2 of them through properly.
But Brahim and Foden are 18 and 17 respectively and personally I don't think they're ready. Bernardo is a hell of a lot better here and now for sure. The youngsters have plenty of time left before they even need to think about being first team regulars.

Anyone else thinking signing Bernardo may have been overkill? Roberts, Brahim, and Foden all waiting in the wings and super talented. Really hope we can bring at least 2 of them through properly.

It means we will get two more good season out of Merlin, as our players will zero protection again this season. Being able to rotate more, as per Sergio will hopefully prolong the number years that we will get, while their still at the top of their game.

Vincent has played around a dozen games on the spin now with a good long rest in between.
He'll be very carefully managed by Pep,but my big worry is internationals & the W/c. He's got one last chance & may overstretched him Sen.

Kun again looks over bulked which may reduce his athleticism & intensity. He's got to be very careful.

Exactly. I've played in front of keepers like that, and ended up doing what you've just said. Today was bloody ludicrous though. Maybe he's going to be like that until he learns more about them, or until one of them tells him to fuck off.

I've watched City games where it's been a lesser event & quiet & you can hear him shout & he's not been like that.

I think it's him being big bollocks again.

That's the first game I've watched preseason so will take your word for that. Was so impressed how we just didn't let west ham out of there own half we played the full game in one half.
It was like a return to Mancini's City where the opposition came to survive for as long as they could until the inevitable happened. At several points during the match, I thought to myself if our keeper was wondering if he stunk or something, as there wasn't a player anywhere near him. :-)

WHU were pinned back for long periods and it was noticeable that Kompany & Stones moved into a CDM position leaving Otamendi stood centrally just in the oppositions half. On the few times WHU broke, we were there to meet them in numbers by the time they got into advanced positions. However, one thing I wan't so keen on was seeing Sane playing as wingback. He didn't seem comfortable having to cover in defence, but showed his attacking talents are beginning to return just in time after a generally unimpressive pre-season.

There's still a lot of fine-tuning to be done & I feel that we still need Sanchez, another Central Defender & a left back to cover for Mendy. We may be prepared to risk the season with Tosin being that spare Central Defender & Danilo covering Mendy, but as we found last season, as soon as the injuries, suspensions, fatigue and loss of form began to pile up, our first 11 options, & chances of competing on all fronts diminished with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.