West Ham United (H) - Wed 3rd May, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we looked a bit leggy against Fulham but come on, we are in a rich vain of form, playing the best we have played for ages, I am as confident as any City fan can be (that is confident with a little annoying bit of doubt that we could just balls it up)

I don't think the pitch helped us at Fulham?

We looked leggy, but Pep mentioned about the grass being longer and not watered too much?

It was certainly a tactic to disrupt our passing ability.

Sean Dyche likes this post

Goodison might be a bit tricky....

for-forest-1.jpg.860x0_q70_crop-scale.jpg

More nervous about tonight than I was at this time when we were about to play Arsenal. I’m sure we’ll do it but we’ve all got to remain focused and we need to be loud. Can’t take anything for granted.

I’m sure West Ham want us to win the League but there’s absolutely no way they’ll want us to win tonight’s game. People often try to make out teams will take it easy etc. but that rarely happens. I remember when it looked like Utd were going to win their first League title since the 60s and Fergie claimed we’d take it easy against their title rivals Leeds. We didn’t - we thrashed them 4-0 - and some in the media laughed at us saying we’d handed title to Utd. We hadn’t and Leeds went on to win the League.

Anyway, waffle over. I wrote this on the WHU-City relationship a while back (it remembers their applause when we won title and the ‘you’ll be back’ game) and had a read earlier to get my head right for tonight’s game. Hopefully there’ll be another supportive moment to add to it.

You're right on your first point, but sorry, not on your second. We didn't scrape it. Apart from about ten rocky minutes, we really weren't in any great trouble. They had more possession than us, sure, but weren't actually doing a lot with it.
But… you're right on your first point. We don't just rock up with our hands in our pockets and win this.
You got my point wrong pal. I meant we scraped the 3 points by winning 2-1 and not by a cricket score, like some think we'll do every game. Yes, on another day it's 5-1, but we held on to a 2-1,which I'll settle for tonight :)

West Ham defense is like a wall when they want, so I think we'll have to work hard for scoring...

...unless they don't want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.