What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Epic fantasy you say? How about the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams. Four books starting with The Dragonbone Chair. The first book in a follow-up series has just been released this month.

That's another series I didn't get on with. I really don't like Tad Williams style.

Then there's always the Malazan books by Steven Erikson. Starts with Gardens of the Moon. And Joe Abercrombie's First Law series that begins with The Blade Itself.
Malazan books are superb for the first 6/7, storyline gets a bit strained after that. Abercrombie is alright, not bad but not great either.

Ever read any of Mark Lawrence or Brent Week's novels?

Then there's always the Malazan books by Steven Erikson. Starts with Gardens of the Moon. And Joe Abercrombie's First Law series that begins with The Blade Itself. Another option would be Mark Lawrence's Broken Empire books which start with Prince of Thorns.

Love that series. I've got the red queen ones on my kindle but haven't started them yet.

giphy.gif

I genuinely detest The Wheel of Time. I got about 2 or 3 books into it(and they are pretty hefty books) before I realised it was the most boring, long winded piece of shite I'd ever had the misfortune to read.
I know it has it's fans, some people think it's one of the finest works of fantasy fiction out there. Personally I think it's the most mind numbing book I've ever picked up, with the possible exception of Otherland by Tad Williams.
How does an author go from churning out Conan The Barbarian novels to The Wheel of Time?
I did struggle with some of the books, but read them as they came out over a 25 year period it was a kind of event with each book. Glad when it ended though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.