What is there new and worthwhile to do in Manchester?

Contrary to other opinions on here, Mackie Mayor is a hipster hell......school dinner-esque dining tables ensure you may be chowing down next to some loud student herbert with twigs in his beard. They also allow little screechy hipster kids in there....avoid.

In Manchester they've started doing an open top bus tour (If the weather is alright you can go and see the different areas and have a walk about Salford Quays, University area etc). We have City bikes now, you can download the app, it's called 'mobike'. They're really easy to use and a cheap/nice way to see the City centre. I'd definitely recommend the Christmas markets and there is a nice pub round the corner that Lowry used to drink in - they do nice, reasonably priced pub grub, if your missus is into her Art, there is a bronze statue of him at the bar which she might find cool. It's called Sam's Chop House.

Northern Quarter is great for a walk around. Comedy Store on Deansgate was brilliant when I went. Piccadily and market street is infested with spice zombies nowadays so I'd skip them and maybe head to the Printworks. I love the museum of science and industry. Deansgate looks brilliant, especially with the new skyscrapers they're building. If there is a Football game on whilst you're hear try and go.

I've only been to Edinburgh as a tourist once... I went to a place called 'Camera Obscura & World of illusions' - seriously, it's brilliant!! Think it was £20 each and you get 6/7 floors of different illusions, photo opportunities, virtual reality stuff and then the top floor, they do a 'tour of Edinburgh'... Only go if it's a clear day, but it's a really, really good attraction IMO. Right on the Royal Mile as well so you don't have to go far to get there. I didn't enjoy Arthurs seat when I went, but it wasn't the clearest day so couldn't see much. They have a cool zoo on the side of a mountain, you get brilliant views over the valley below. Sterling is worth the 20/30 minute train journey.
Cheers!

Definitely looking forward to seeing how Deansgate has changed—I keep reading about all of the new development over the past 5 years when researching various investment opportunities (though, I wouldn’t go in on any in that area right now, but that is a different conversation entirely). We’ll be taking in the Soton match and will be skipping Market St and Arndale (the latter more to save my wallet from devastation).

We may have to look into Camera Obscura in Edinburgh, as she is a professional photographer in addition to mixed-media artist, and might really enjoy that. I’m hoping for at least one clear day so we can meander around Arthur’s Seat, the Crags, and Abbey/Palace.

Contrary to other opinions on here, Mackie Mayor is a hipster hell......school dinner-esque dining tables ensure you may be chowing down next to some loud student herbert with twigs in his beard. They also allow little screechy hipster kids in there....avoid.
The stew thickens...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.