What one thing does manchester need to make it even greater?

They should bring Smithfield Market back into the city centre...create an early morning vibe, replete with early doors adjacent pubs.

I've absolutely no idea how they managed to sell off a large chunk of Piccadilly Gardens in order for the regeneration to commence but that regeneration is now about to be taken apart and rebuilt (they're essentially building more units where the wall was...when it goes)...and it will still be awful. The bus station will sit sit under the malnourished, brutal plaza (although I'm in two minds about those buildings that make up the plaza as a whole) and the woeful design (grass forever churned to bits...fountains forever broken).
The new St. Peters Sq is the total antithesis of PGardens and now looks genuinely world class. The problem at the moment is the traverse (especially by foot) from our main station (Piccadilly) down to the gardens onto Market Street/High Street then the Arndale is utterly dreadful. Much of the rest of the city is scrubbing up well on an international scale..and when these current projects start showing themselves on the skyline, I think a hell of a lot of people outside (and inside) the city will be gobsmacked (not whilst asleep on a train mind...).
That aforementioned trundle is probably awaiting the go ahead for HS2...then things will look entirely different (such is the sheer amount of projects planned).
I'd also hazard a guess Picc Gardens and the Plaza will one day be totally 'reimagined'. Mediacity and the wider Quays are growing at an astonishing rate...even the bits linking them along Chester Road (all the huge De Trafford developments). But a lot of the micro stuff is being missed...litter is an issue, maintenance...I think we're experiencing growing pains.
Also hoped this major leisure destination would soon come to fruition on the Collar site, but that's gone quiet.

Then again, I agree with the comments about the wider (doughnut) areas...on a wet, cold monday morning, these places can't be great for the psyche.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.