What Striker Next? Hit or Miss

ifiwasarichfan said:
From his posts both about defensive options and this one it seems clear to me that Ricster seems to know his stuff and is not your typical " Blue Moon" " Championship Manager" lets go for this guy type poster. This view is also re - inforced by the debate - like quality of his arguements for and against each individual player.

I think MH will call it quits when Adebayor finally signs and I really cant see him taking a " Risk" just yet on a young Defender without any Premiership experience.

However; I would be really interested in Rickster's opinion of any hard -working WIDE midfielder types that are up and coming. Think Pineear, Milner type players but obviously of a much higher standard. I would also like his opinion on any young Elano -type midfielder; just in case we are unable to keep him at the Club, although I get the feeling that he wants to stay, MH wants him to stay and so do the fans.

Well if we are talking about up and coming players, i did mention Adem Ljacic in September last year on mancityblues.com that i also post on. Before Fergie said anything in the press. He for me was the stand out talent back then. Others with a bright future would be,

Henri Saivet, most people have heard about this youngster, but he is being touted as the next Henry, who also started his career as a wide player. Saivet plays for Bordeaux in France. He has made a sub appearance last season for the first team, but the Bordeaux management are trying to nurture this lad, which i think is the correct thing to do. Alot of people think the lad is French, as he has played for his country at youth levels, but he is actually Senegalese. He wont be in France for long, to many people know about him.

Fabio Coentrao, this is the only other younster i can think of that wets my appetite. Less of a worker and more of a flair player. But when he turns it on, boy does he turn it on. He can play on both flanks and is a natural on the ball. Benfica have done the right thing in loaning him out to gain some first team experience. Hate to say it, but could seriously be the nearest prospect to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo Check this vid for an example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm97bA4_aqk Check out 58 seconds, it still leave's me in awe.

riley347 said:
Ricster said:
Im not a smart arse mate, just enjoy scouting players. Thats all. Some people like playing football, i like admiring it.

no mate...don,t kid yourself....you come across as a tit......

Thank you. Im sorry that your football knowledge isn't as vast as mine, and that you then need to resort to name calling to try and justify yourself, but if that what rocks your boat then fire away.

Im not saying City will go after them, just my opinion of what is out there. As i said its my opinion. If you dont like it then dont read it.

BYE!

Ricster said:
Just wanted to bump this from 2009. Could have saved City some cash and that would have helped with today's FFP.
Coentrao is mentioned in the thread too.

very good OP Ricster, and I think it is fair to say that riley347 is the one who came over as a tit

BringBackSwales said:
Ricster said:
Just wanted to bump this from 2009. Could have saved City some cash and that would have helped with today's FFP.
Coentrao is mentioned in the thread too.

very good OP Ricster, and I think it is fair to say that riley347 is the one who came over as a tit

Thanks Swales. Just checked what these players moved for, minus Edin.

Cavani to Napoli - 17m euros
Lewandowski to Dortmund - 4.5m euros

Unfortunately living on the other side of the world these days means I don't get to check up on players anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.