What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobbieBrewer said:
Bue/grey Nike Windjammer cagouls(when you could still wear Nike gear without looking like a rag)...or white Adidas " first" tracksuit tops.
Kappa/Lacoste/Addidas Lendl t-shirts
Electric blue Tacchini bottoms or navy blue "Lee" cords.
Adidas LA,Puma GVilas/Dallas or the glorious blue pigskin creations that were Adidas "Columbia"(the daddy of all trainers I could never afford-wish they'd bring them out again.)

Happy days.

They brought Harvard out the other year in a Columbia colourway

RobbieBrewer said:
Bue/grey Nike Windjammer cagouls(when you could still wear Nike gear without looking like a rag)...or white Adidas " first" tracksuit tops.
Kappa/Lacoste/Addidas Lendl t-shirts
Electric blue Tacchini bottoms or navy blue "Lee" cords.
Adidas LA,Puma GVilas/Dallas or the glorious blue pigskin creations that were Adidas "Columbia"(the daddy of all trainers I could never afford-wish they'd bring them out again.)

Happy days.

I've got a photo where I'm 8 years old and on holiday, the first season of watching City (1984), and I'm wearing a Lemon Kappa v-necked jumper with a polo shirt underneath, Ellesse tailored shorts and, wait for it, a single Tacchini sweatband on my right wrist!! I've never looked cooler. Been downhill ever since.

From my hazy memory Liverpool startedthe perry thing about 1977 -I can remember getting stick off a scouse girl for being a perry lagard about 1981.

Caribou jeans from Civic (was it Dave's Trouser Stall). I wore my Farah Slacks at school. Would not have been allowed to wear them at the weekend. I had some blue cord semi flares at some point.
Blue Addidas Top bought on holiday in Plymouth with £24 pound notes.
Shoes I think would have been my Patrick trainers and then samba.

Midlands Blue said:
Behind Liverpool, Manchester fans were leaders of 'Casual' fashion. Started off post-punk as Perry Boys. Some of the fashions - Pod shoes, jumbo cords, Lois jeans, fisherman jumpers, deck shoes, Adidas anoraks and Samba (i think) trainers, Stan Smith trainers, Farah trousers like what your grandad wears now and cycling tops for a short while. Later went on to all the usual sports gear (Fila, Lacoste, Tachini, etc.). Liverpool/Manchester were 2-3 years ahead of the rest of the country in this and we had great fun taking the piss out of the fans of other clubs who came to Maine Rd in Donkey jackets, flares, 3 star jumpers and long centre parted hair.

This is spot on.
Ah the memories.

2bluegp said:
that perry boys book is fucking areswipe. the lad that "wrote" it was only a nipper when it all started. most of his tales are second hand shit seen through rag glasses.saying utd started it , prestwich, etc. there were lads wearing lois. kickers etc. all over town as early as77/78. i was at the building college at that time & there was loads of lads dressing like that.

Unfortunately, having just read it and not being involved in it at the time, I've taken his word as Gospel. I can't believe I've fallen for it. The red c*nt!

It wasn't a City or United thing, it was a Manc thing.
My personal favourites were my sky blue slazenger jumper, navy blue Lois cords and adidas Grand Prix.
Remember bugging my dad for a maroon Roxy jacket for chrimbo, never go it the tight twat.
Had a pair of Dunlop green flash to start then moved on the Adidas Stan Smith and kick later on.
Still obsessed with Adidas trainers to this day.
Anyone have one of those American football shirts? We called them t-bag shirts.
The Pringles, La Coste, Fila etc, etc....came a bit later.
Mancs started dressing down a bit early on, more practical at the match.
Oh yeah, I used to have a flicker haircut, bald as Yul Brynner now though.

Hollywood Blue said:
It wasn't a City or United thing, it was a Manc thing.
My personal favourites were my sky blue slazenger jumper, navy blue Lois cords and adidas Grand Prix.
Remember bugging my dad for a maroon Roxy jacket for chrimbo, never go it the tight twat.
Had a pair of Dunlop green flash to start then moved on the Adidas Stan Smith and kick later on.
Still obsessed with Adidas trainers to this day.
Anyone have one of those American football shirts? We called them t-bag shirts.
The Pringles, La Coste, Fila etc, etc....came a bit later.
Mancs started dressing down a bit early on, more practical at the match.
Oh yeah, I used to have a flicker haircut, bald as Yul Brynner now though.

Quality. Being a little obsessed with the whole 'casual' and Perry Boys scene I love hearing from lads who were there when it all kicked off (excuse the pun). When I was a kid on the Kippax in the 80s I was nearly as interested in the clobber the lads were wearing than the football. As has been commented on another thread, all these lads at sea level going to the match wearing really expensive Berghaus Gore Tex coats designed for climbers attempting to scale K-2!!

m27 said:
2bluegp said:
that perry boys book is fucking areswipe. the lad that "wrote" it was only a nipper when it all started. most of his tales are second hand shit seen through rag glasses.saying utd started it , prestwich, etc. there were lads wearing lois. kickers etc. all over town as early as77/78. i was at the building college at that time & there was loads of lads dressing like that.

Unfortunately, having just read it and not being involved in it at the time, I've taken his word as Gospel. I can't believe I've fallen for it. The red c*nt!

Some things in it are spot on, especially if you got name checked....lol. Anyway that was just his interpretation on it as he's from Widnes anyway, which isn't exactly the 'fashionista' capital of the north west is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.