What's the best pint you've had in the last 7 days and where

Just had a pint (well about 6 actually) of Stella on a beach called Rockys bar in portal nous looking at topless Spanish birds all day and occasionally dipping in the sea and getting stunk by jelly fish.

Was very pleasant.

Just had a pint (well about 6 actually) of Stella on a beach called Rockys bar in portal nous looking at topless Spanish birds all day and occasionally dipping in the sea and getting stunk by jelly fish.

Was very pleasant.
Don't let their boyfriends catch you, they carry guns!

I'm going to Lymm tomorrow for a mooch about, what's best boozer for bitter?

So tell me this, because I just want to get it straight. When you guys refer to something as a "bitter". Is this a hoppy ale? In the states, we don't use the term "bitter" unless we are talking about the flavor profile of something like a Pale Ale, or IPA. Or is it something else entirely?

Last weekend went the Pickering arms in thelwall, Warrington.. couple of pints of hobgoblin, really good on draft much better than the bottles.. really nice food too.

So tell me this, because I just want to get it straight. When you guys refer to something as a "bitter". Is this a hoppy ale? In the states, we don't use the term "bitter" unless we are talking about the flavor profile of something like a Pale Ale, or IPA. Or is it something else entirely?

Yes and no.
If you asked a brewer they would say that a Bitter was a sub category of a Pale Ale just like ESB, Saison, Golden ale and Pale ales.
Pale Ale denotes a beer that is golden to copper in colour and brewed using an 'ale yeast'. American ales tend to be less bitter and this is probably due in part to the type of hop used. If Mosaic hop is used here the beer is more likely to be classified as a Pale Ale, if a traditional British hop is used its more likely to taste like a traditional Bitter due to the less aromatic and non citrus flavour. Does that help?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.