What's your favourite boozer and why?

It always amuses me the number of people who name The Millstone when these lists are compiled.

Is it some kind of reverse snobbery, where people just name the biggest shithole they can think of to prove something or other?

I don’t even mind popping in there now and again. As I do many shithole pubs.

I just finding naming it as your “favourite” pub a bit odd. It’s not even particularly cheap anymore.

Anyway, my favourite is Wave Bar and my second favourite Wave Bar Sasha’s.

The Bricklayers Arms in Failsworth looked after me well when I was living there. I think it’s changed hands a couple of times since but hopefully still a good pub.

Is Mulligans near Parsonage Gardens?

Was it called The Wagon and Horses before it became Mulligans?
yep not far from Parsonage Gardens, Mulligans is off Bridge street, not sure on any name change, I've known it as Mulligans for years.

I grew up drinking in Prestwich and there were so many great boozers there, Red Lion, Church, Railway & Nats, Foresters, but my two favourites were always The Ostrich and The Friendship. Last time I went in the latter, it was maybe 5 years ago and it had turned into too much of an eatery. The Ostrich was still the same on my last visit, but it must’ve been 20 years ago.
I quite like the Ostrich decent pint of Holts'.
The Ostrich isn't a bad pub inside.
I have only ever been in on a daytime pub crawl though so it might be proper broken biscuits at night!
The Friendship, The Ostrich & The Woodthorpe all got decent outside seating for when it's nice.
The real piss take though is that there is a different price for the bitter in each pub! The Ostrich cheapest, then The Friendship and a piss take in that The Woodthorpe has town prices.
The Golden Lion & The Fox in Blackley both have different prices too!
We mentioned this to the landlord in The Fox and he reckoned it was down to The Friendship and Woodthorpe selling food but, couldn't figure why they had different prices though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.