When Will Football Have It's Drug Scandal?

BlueRon7

We've had it in every sport so far apart from football.. the most popular and biggest sport in the World

are people that naive to believe it isn't happening at the highest level?

Honestly, I don't think it's people being naive, I just think they don't care.

I think so many people view football as a sport you can succeed in without drugs, that there isn't as much interest in unveiling a drugs scandal in football.

I'm not saying that drugs aren't effective in football. Obviously PED's can improve a footballer in many aspects; physical fitness improvements can lead to technical improvements etc...

It happens in football but I don't think it's widespread. If it happens it's more than likely an individual going away and doing it themselves and not a whole team doping. It's not like individual sports; cycling and athletics where if one person does it then they have a massive advantage. There are more permutations in football which is why I think people are less arsed about catching anyone doping.

I think you'd only ever get a drugs scandal in football if a top top player was caught or a whole team was doing it. Leicester 2015/16 are the most obvious candidates for this, not saying they did but if any team was doping then it would have been them. However, nothing happened there, so they either weren't or nobody was really arsed.

Last edited:
I know a few United fans praying it'll be Guardiola who's outed as he doped all his Barcelona lads. Twats

Honestly, I don't think it's people being naive, I just think they don't care.

I think so many people view football as a sport you can succeed in without drugs, that there isn't as much interest in unveiling a drugs scandal in football.

I'm not saying that drugs aren't effective in football. Obviously PED's can improve a footballer in many aspects; physical fitness improvements can lead to technical improvements etc...

It happens in football but I don't think it's widespread. If it happens it's more than likely an individual going away and doing it themselves and not a whole team doping. It's not like individual sports; cycling and athletics where if one person does it then they have a massive advantage. There are more permutations in football which is why I think people are less arsed about catching anyone doping.

I think you'd only ever get a drugs scandal in football if a top top player was caught or a whole team was doing it. Leicester 2015/16 are the most obvious candidates for this, not saying they did but if any team was doping then it would have been them. However, nothing happened there, so they either weren't or nobody was really arsed.
This.

Wouldn't surprise me if it comes from the top.

Once a few ex, possibly high profile players passaway in their mid 40's once their careers are over there maybe a murmur of concern. Until then....

They are tested aren't they and banned if found to be using performance enhancers or recreational drugs?

It is very rare to be tested and even rarer to be caught. It is hardly ever publicised unless the media want it to be. All that usually happens is that the player gets a long term injury that is rarely specified. I am a firm believer in lifetime bans for cheating. If it happens in other sports it happens in football but we need to be proactive to catch them but I believe that the FA and EUFA don't want to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.