when you bought your first house

I'm renting at the mo. 270 a month, all bills and council tax included, plus a cleaner runs the hoover round once a week. And I ain't even a student.

£42,000 in 1992. Buying this one wasn't a problem as we bought off an elderly couple who were moving into a park home so no chain.

When we moved two years later, the people who bought ours were first time buyers and the lady we bought our next house offf was moving back to Canada, so no hassle.

When we moved last time (four years ago) it was an absolute fucking nightmare. I wont bore you all with all the details but in brief, we sold our house four times before we eventually moved and because of this our house was just full of cardboard boxes with everything packed into them.

blue mash up said:
johnny on the spot said:
I'm renting at the mo. 270 a month, all bills and council tax included, plus a cleaner runs the hoover round once a week. And I ain't even a student.

Do you mind me asking what area you live in?

Newcastle, mate. I ought to add that it is a professional house-share, but given the high quality of the digs and the fact that it is all-inclusive, it's the best way for me at the minute.

johnny on the spot said:
blue mash up said:
johnny on the spot said:

Do you mind me asking what area you live in?

Newcastle, mate. I ought to add that it is a professional house-share, but given the high quality of the digs and the fact that it is all-inclusive, it's the best way for me at the minute.

Thats Bang on i rent in the centre of Manc and its a fucking rip off.

Moved to our second house in 1988. Sold ours quickly but trying to buy was a nightmare as prices were going up like crazy and we got gazumped time after time. Finally found one where the vendor needed to move very quickly and actually dropped the price significantly. We had to exchange within 9 working days to do the deal though and we did with literally minutes to spare.

It was much ore than our other house but could just manage the mortgage. However, soon after interest rates shot up to double what they were (from 8% to 16%). They were desperate times!

quiet_riot said:
Just moved in with the gf, renting...

v.expensive, and regretting already!

Roll on 6 months time when I can go back home!

Where've you moved to mate?

You regretting it cos of the costs or just cos your mrs is getting on your tits?

The Fat el Hombre said:
Where've you moved to mate?

You regretting it cos of the costs or just cos your mrs is getting on your tits?

Just at the top of Wardley industrial estate. The regret is 90% because of the costs. all the shit like pans and stuff that I took for granted have taken a big wedge out of our pockets this month. The other 10% is that I can see her annoying me, especially when her squealy mates come round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.