Where do birds(feathered ones) go to die?

They usually go and hide away somewhere they feel safe as their instincts will tell them that all is not well and their ability to fight or flee is dangerously low. They tend not to be ill for long as they cannot get any food - they won't get any help as it's pretty much survival of the fittest once they're out on their own and capable of looking after themselves. Doesn't take long for other birds, the foxes or rats to find them, if not those then the insects will soon polish them off.

You don't see many wild animals that appear to have died from natural causes as they all do the same sort of thing. So many of the ones you see dead out in the open will be roadkill or died as the result of poisoning.

blue underpants said:
karen7 said:
ive got lots of birds in my garden and sometimes they do just keel over and die,i also have cats and foxes so they take them off for their dinner
I have never seen a bird pop its clogs on my lawn !

I had a dove recently that was lying on the bird table,still with us but it only lasted an hour or so but at least it went in a nice warm box.It didnt have a mark on it so i assume it was just old

karen7 said:
blue underpants said:
karen7 said:
ive got lots of birds in my garden and sometimes they do just keel over and die,i also have cats and foxes so they take them off for their dinner
I have never seen a bird pop its clogs on my lawn !

I had a dove recently that was lying on the bird table,still with us but it only lasted an hour or so but at least it went in a nice warm box.It didnt have a mark on it so i assume it was just old

What were you putting out for the birds to eat?

I live next to a school and they've just started keeping live stock never had my dogs picking up rats until they got them, always had terriers until vinnie, he's a lover not a hunter

tu4etyme.jpg

Contentment

in the wild they get subsumed by a beetle that digs out the soil from beneath until it is buried and becomes a larder for the beetle and it's grubs. Not sure about ostriches though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.