Where we are up to thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Last Updated: 12th August

Confirmed Signings

4th July, Gael Clichy (Arsenal-£7m).
6th July, Stefan Savic (Partizan Belgrade-£?)
28th July, Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid - £38m)
11th August, Costel Pantimilon (FC Timisoara- 12 Month Loan)
24th August, Samir Nasri (Arsenal-£22m)

Friday 12th August 2011

REAL BLUEMOON SOURCES - 11:34 am

The Nasri fee is £22m, that's what Arsenal have agreed.

What they had not agreed to, up until yesterday, was City's stance to pay £15m upfront and £7m over the next five years based on success and appearances.

It will be done at £22m and is expected to be paraded before the Swansea game.

He can't sign in time to play.

We also are close to agreeing a compromise fee on Cerci of £5m.

The interest in Sneijder is still very strong IT MUST INVOLVE CARLOS, or Tevez has been told he might have to stay put.

Inter well short on cash valuation.

Friday 5th August 2011

INFO - 11:34 am
Poster: Sources

Aaron Lennon links are true, we are interested. It would be a straight swap for Ade.
There is still confidence that Nasri will go through.

Thursday 4th August 2011

An Update (of sorts)... - 2:08 pm
Poster: BillyShears

I realize there's individual threads on these subjects but I've had a bit of an update from someone I know...to be clear before the abuse starts...I can say it's someone who's information has stood up time and time again. Anyway here goes...

Nasri - cash bid has been made and City are "confident" the deal is going to get done.

Eto'o - Absolute no go from the board and Roberto's been vetoed.

Instead the board are keen on adding another att midfield player and as such have opened tentative talks with a n other club (not Inter/Sneijder). Reading between the lines, since he (my friend) resolutely refused to name the player, it's a "name" player.

Anyway, mods feel free to merge with whatever thread you want....and, cue the abuse!

Kunday 28th July 2011

Sergio Aguero has completed his transfer to Manchester City after signing a five-year contract with the club.

Friday 22nd July 2011

Sergio Aguero - 10:54 am
Poster: tolmie's hairdoo

It's less than two weeks before we even entertained this transfer.

FFS, get a grip.

He will be a City player when it matters.

You should be celebrating the prospect not letting 'outsiders' bring out insecurities.

Liverpool is bullshit, Madrid, seemingly too many obstacles, both financial and political.

I'm not going to elaborate on this, but you getting a certain confidence from what is exuded by others.

Nail me to the cross, I'm off to get my little lad an Aguero shirt.

Don't ask me when, don't ask me how, just don't doubt my conviction thy will be done.

Thursday 21st July 2011

Sergio Aguero - 1:09 pm

birchwoodgingerste said:
any more news on nasri tolm? while your in a talkative mood?

The pressure is still on for the player and his camp to force the issue.

Nasri is the lad we want, we need to remain hopeful something will give, but we won't wait.

As for Aguero, have to remain very confident in what is being said. Hopefully hear a conclusion next 72 hours.

Wednesday 20th July 2011

It's Quiet no more... - 12:34 pm

chase of spades said:
A little bit more please TH?

Nothing more to tell, mate!

Everything which have previously posted since Sunday seems to be in process of playing out, so pretty comfortable to let it unfold.

Aguero and Nasri, with Sneijder as the leveraged leak.

Perhaps too many cute games by City, but they seem to know what Corinthians and Arsenal are all about.

Aside from Robinho, no other major transfer has come from left field, so I can maybe appreciate the patience stance which is being delivered.

It's Quiet no more... - 11:05 am

The world is ours!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6L8NFcMakk[/youtube]

Tuesday 19th July 2011

It's Quiet no more... - 12:32 pm

Irwell said:
The tone of language being used seems to have changed an awful lot since the thread started. It started off that we had Aguero, now all that is being said is that it's just further along than any Nasri deal... If it was a done deal to start with I don't see why confidence levels would go down like that, surely if it was done then it is still done now! On that basis I'm wondering if the original information was jumping the gun a bit.

Not really, mate. People just want jam on it.

They want times, dates, fees, locations, rolling hourly updates.

They want the impossible, outside of half a dozen people.

People credit me with too much.

An agreement is in place with Aguero. Means jack shit, unfortunately.

I have been given the firm belief he will sign in the coming days, and that Sneijder and Nasri is a leverage issue, we will not be stalled.

I am excited, but it's not a question of tittilation for the sake of it, with each subsequent post I may make.

The original rhetoric is warranted. Let City now give us our final fix.

It's Quiet no more... - 11:36 am

Tricky_Trev said:
Tolmie, are we waiting for Tevez to go before we sign Aguero, or are we just pressing on with it regardless? And secondly, what on earth is going on with Corinthians?

I couldn't tell you with regards Tevez/Aguero, being interlinked.

I do know City have told Corinthians to put up or shut up, and want £10m up front by all accounts.

We have also asked for further stipulations in terms of sell-ons.

My gut tells me Corinthians have merely had their bluff called, they have had all this publicity, but are now having to find more money loaded up front to secure him.

Maybe Kia will have to dig into how own piggy-bank;)

It's Quiet no more... - 11:23 am

Pigeonho said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
allan harper said:
You do not wake Tolmie, he gets switched on.

I sleep with one eye open!

We'll all be happy, soon enough!
How soon is soon? Is today soon? Is tomorrow soon, Thursday or indeed Friday? God damn it man, when is soon?!!!!! ;-)

Soonest mended ;)

I've posted what I believe to be the truth of the situation.

I stand by it.

I believe the MEN have picked up all the chatter on Sneijder, but they have perhaps got the wrong end of the stick and associated it with Tevez.

The deal remains Aguero and then preferably for City, Nasri.

Some canny operating going on from our end, that's for sure.

Monday 18th July 2011

It's Quiet no more... - 10:25 am

I've been waiting for this moment all my life...

Soar Cookie, soar - I take it all back you fucking doyen.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA[/youtube]

It's Quiet no more... - 10:18 am

Tricky_Trev said:
Tolmie, please can you clarify "Aguero agreement"? Agreement with Atletico over Aguero, agreement with Aguero himself, or agreement with both?

Cheers.

I'm really not able to clarify this, that's the honest...

The tone of the info is such, we have Aguero.

In relation to another question on Sneijder.

He was an original target, alongside Sanchez. We held talks with his agent Soren Lerby to establish the ins and outs of any deal.

The Nasri deal has presented itself as an attractive, albeit cheaper opportunity.

The player wants to join but it's now up to him to force the issue and Arsenal to relent.

Mancini doesn't want to wait any longer. There is a suspicion that Arsenal would be prepared to sell but right on deadline day, that don't work for us.

Power-play games way above most of our thinking.

Forget the Twitterati, so-called 'informed sources', the attack dogs.

I'm absolutely buzzing as a blue to hear some of the club are trying to deliver for us.

It's Quiet no more... - 9:58 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhnMd1Jl7SA[/youtube]

Aguero agreement and going thermal nuclear on Sneijder....

Arsenal's bluff called and Nasri will have to put in transfer request very quickly or we're gone.

Yee fucking hah!

Saturday 16th July 2011

in the bag- 4:24 pm

chase of spades said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chase of spades said:
Dont like that line : (

Sorry, but that's the truth.

You'll be happy to read, though, it was basically an analogy in terms of getting blues to calm down.

There is no fucking deal done. We want these two guys badly, the early spade work has been done.

Mancini now wants us to dig for victory.
When do you think we/you will get more news Tolm?

early next week or...?

I gave up timelines for transfers for very good reason, mate.

The whole process involves too much money and too many people, for those outside a very privileged few, of which I am not one, to be ITK.

I get info, very good info, sometimes first-hand, generally second or third.

All the same I trust it and these people. It does not make me Nostradamus, at this late stage in proceedings, to be calling things to happen.

There most certainly will be developments over the coming week, certainly Carlos, but don't go get the champers out on player arrivals just yet!

-- Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:26 pm --

Ricster said:
Hope the OP is right about this one.

Just bet an Arsenal fan £100 that he is a City player before the end of the window.

That's a really good bet at this stage, mate.

in the bag- 3:57 pm

chase of spades said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
The way Tolmie explained it, seems right to me, I would even go a step further and say Mancinis comments not only put a bit pressure on the selling clubs, but also on the likes of Cook and Marwood to broker these deals. At the end of the day figures dont mean a jot to Mancini, he wants the players signed, end of.

Halleluja!

And Chelsea can be absolutely discounted re Tevez.

City spoke at some point to the Aguero camp last week, Mancini believes the time for talking is over.

Cue interview.

To be clear, Mancini has also gone on the record for other attempted targets in Sanchez and Lavezzi, again, nothing came of it.

Dont like that line : (

Sorry, but that's the truth.

You'll be happy to read, though, it was basically an analogy in terms of getting blues to calm down.

There is no fucking deal done. We want these two guys badly, the early spade work has been done.

Mancini now wants us to dig for victory.

in the bag- 3:25 pm

Lomas has a lob on said:
Andouble said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Neither do City, thankfully.

Corinthians' bluff will be called in the next 48 hours.

Other bidders will see to it.

As for Mancini's comments today, partly lead by the interviewer, but tellingly, if these two players were so in the bag, there is absolutely no way Mancini would be talking about them in such a candid manner.

He is simply exerting pressure on their respective clubs in a bid to do business, keep the pressure on other targets.

I'd have thought the opposite, that if Mancini was even taking time talking about these players then he must think we have a very good chance of landing them.

The way Tolmie explained it, seems right to me, I would even go a step further and say Mancinis comments not only put a bit pressure on the selling clubs, but also on the likes of Cook and Marwood to broker these deals. At the end of the day figures dont mean a jot to Mancini, he wants the players signed, end of.

Halleluja!

And Chelsea can be absolutely discounted re Tevez.

City spoke at some point to the Aguero camp last week, Mancini believes the time for talking is over.

Cue interview.

To be clear, Mancini has also gone on the record for other attempted targets in Sanchez and Lavezzi, again, nothing came of it.

in the bag- 10:19 am

richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
yozzer said:
all morning i have been in a good mood,,and you do this

Sorry mate. Try not to take it as pissing on anybody's bonfire, questioning Salford Paul's good faith.

Simply put, deals for the very best don't happen so easily and the Sanchez deal should remind everyone of this.

Do I think it will happen, well, that's another matter...I believe Aguero will be easier to get done than Nasri as it stands.

Something would be suss of any poster who only tells people what they want to hear.
any news on carlos and the latest bid tolm?

Two new teams in the bidding process last couple days and next week will get nasty.

in the bag- 10:15 am

Kris_Musampa said:
Well, the OP has really put his cock on the block with this one.

He can claim success for the two medicals, but can he claim success for this bullish announcement?

Even TH has cast a doubt on it...

If this comes in he will truly be a full blown ITK

Again, I will attempt to stress, I know for 100 per cent certainty that no deal is in the bag for either Nasri or Aguero.

Both players are clear targets, and have been stated as both on here and by now Mancini.

in the bag- 10:08 am

yozzer said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Aguero is not in the bag.

Nasri is not in the bag.

Please keep our powder dry...there is plenty more talking to take place.

Cook flew out yesterday.
all morning i have been in a good mood,,and you do this

Sorry mate. Try not to take it as pissing on anybody's bonfire, questioning Salford Paul's good faith.

Simply put, deals for the very best don't happen so easily and the Sanchez deal should remind everyone of this.

Do I think it will happen, well, that's another matter...I believe Aguero will be easier to get done than Nasri as it stands.

Something would be suss of any poster who only tells people what they want to hear.

in the bag- 9:57 am

leewill31 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Nasri is not in the bag.

Cook flew out yesterday.

is it true that no actual bids have gone in for both players?

We have to be careful what we say here, but establishing the facts before an official bid, is simply de rigueur.

The hand of God knows the score, for that we should be very hopeful, at the vest least ;)

in the bag- 9:49 am

Nasri is not in the bag.

Cook flew out yesterday.

in the bag- 12:06 am
Poster: salfordpaul

just been told aguerro is in the bag Am not going to reply to any comments after the "bupa thread" fiasco where i was banned Don't shoot the messenger, been told from a very reliable source that all is done and he'll sign after the copa cup! I for one am glad and happy!

Friday 15th July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 11:06 am

Ntini77 said:
Any idea of our deadline for this deal, tolm?

Nope, but we are not standing still waiting on it.

I think we will all be put out of our misery in the next fortnight on various issues.

That's my deadline, by the way ;)

Nasri [Merged] - 10:39 am

Nasri wants to be a City player.

The time is running out for him and us, however.

Wenger's argument is he knows will be sacked next season if he fails to deliver.

He has called the bluff of the Arsenal board, in terms of backing or sacking him now.

Wenger stands a better chance of success with Nasri in his team, with Fabregas out the door.

Arsenal are caught between a rock and a hard place and Wenger knows it.

He also knows City are not willing to wait out his games up to the end of the window.

We have our fall-back.

Thursday 14th July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 12:57 pm

Sleeping_Easy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Never seen you so open on the forum, Tolm. I hope your acolytes are paying attention!

Hope you are well pal ;-)

Cream always rises to the top, thanks for asking ;)

Never trust anyone of a red persuasion, we all know that!

So to summarise

Nasri - open to coming, just waiting for arsenal to agree
Aguero - Working towards a deal with his agent and trying to agree a fee with AM

Also if we get them two would that complete the incomings for this year?
You dont ask you dont get ;)

No, there will be another keeper for sure.

Maybe another central defender.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXcjYNZais[/youtube]

Nasri [Merged] - 12:33 pm

richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BobKowalski said:
Interesting. How is delaying manu's attempts to sign Sneijder a risky game for Wenger?

Because as long as City don't close on Nasri, Sneijder very much remains a target for ourselves.

= more money for Inter and Sneijder.

One of the reasons United quickly attempted to distance themselves from Nasri, was because they thought Nasri was nailed on City, and wanted to turn Sneijder around quickly this week.

It's a dangerous game for Arsenal in respects of what their real motives currently are.

City going for another midfield target would piss Nasri off no end.
so is nasri our no1 target then tolm? would have preferred sneijder to be honest!!

There is a financial reality, I suppose, we may have to appreciate.

Nasri and Sneijder were both 'primary targets' for both ourselves and United, as was Sanchez.

The ultimate irony, both clubs would be happy with either/or (nasri/sneijder).

Only in terms of younger, cheaper, both in transfer value, and wages, fully up to speed in the Prem, resale value etc.

United are paranoid the longer Nasri's situation remains unresolved, we are ready to hijack with higher bid and wages for Wesley.

Hence, his recent comments about Inter deciding where he will go.

United have every right to feel nervous, and they have Arsenal to thank.

Both City and United have immediate issues to address in terms of a midfield man, Nasri will have nowhere to go next year in this country.

-- Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:37 am --

leewill31 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BobKowalski said:
Interesting. How is delaying manu's attempts to sign Sneijder a risky game for Wenger?

Because as long as City don't close on Nasri, Sneijder very much remains a target for ourselves.

One of the reasons United quickly attempted to distance themselves from Nasri, was because they thought Nasri was nailed on City, and wanted to turn Sneijder around quickly this week.

It's a dangerous game for Arsenal in respects of what their real motives currently are.

so in theory we have having ready to take nasri if arsenal give the green light??

can i also ask are we actually interested in kun enquiry,bid or is there another target and does this depend on tevez.

sorry for the questions its been dull around here!!

Aguero has a good chance.

As stated previously, Nasri is something which has simply presented itself, why we have kept our powder dry and our options open.

Fabregas was the one Mancini craved.

Nasri [Merged] - 12:10 pm

BobKowalski said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
All the time Arsenal dither, it delays United's attempts to sign Sneijder.

This I can tell you ;)

A risky game being played by monsieur Voyeur.

Nasri [Merged] - 11:17 am

Thaksinssoldier said:
Update:

Mark Ogden said on espn press pass ferguson was convinced up until last week he would be a utd player.Ogden said something happened that ferguson gave up,either arsenal or us most likely.

Ogden is on tour with utd and it seemed like proper info.

No, Ogden simply backed the wrong horse. He allowed his rabid love of United/hate of City to convince him there was only one show in town.

Ferguson gave up the minute he knew City were involved, weeks ago.

Ogden and his broadhsheet buddies have been playing catch-up ever since.

Funny, how it's generally accepted that City are in for Nasri, considering it was rubbished everwhere but here.

Ogden is the dark side, I use the Jedi way.

Boateng to Bayern - 11:36 am

Ntini77 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I've hired a bouncy castle - jumping for joy.

Anything over £10m is a steal.

Heard anything about Aguero, Tolm?

And yes this has nothing to do with Boateng.

Mate, can I just say, there is no direct snub intended.

I hadn't noticed the sneaky interjections of recent days, in a variety of threads, can all be attributed to your good self ;)

Balls out on Aguero and Nasri.

Sunday 10th July 2011
Nasri [Merged] - 11:20 am
Poster: StrikerLaad

I know that I am new on here. You don't have to believe me. I am not ITK, I just wanted to pass this on to you to discuss....

My mate was in Rosso last night and he met Garry Cook in there. GC told him that he was flying out, to meet with the team, on Wednesday. He hoped that the Nasri deal would be signed before he was due to leave.

When my mate asked him "Why are you in here of all places?", " I like the wine" was his reply.

Wednesday 6th July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 9:34 am

It's less than 48 hours since I posted that two separate people thought we were very close, people I have to take seriously.

It might be nothing more than coincidence, that these reports have surfaced.

But considering pretty much every man and his dog, aside from this forum, were rubbishing our interest less than a week ago...it is right to be wary

However, I believe these reports to be correct and that Nasri will be a City player very shortly.

It would appear shit's about to get real...

Monday 4th July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 12:12 pm

mancitydreamteam said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
BringBackSwales said:
agreed would be excellent news; are these people close to the club?

Close enough for me to consider them nothing more than genuine, certainly more so than those outsiders who revel in dismissing us as second or third best for each player we are remotely interested in.

It's also one of the strong motivating factors for me being a poster on here.

Gauged, unless Arsenal somehow come up with the goods, United supposedly began distancing themselves from the moment we were publicly linked.

It's a smear job ever since, the usual anybody of any standing, putting money before prestige.

We are perhaps playing a cute game, but nobody around City is rubbishing our chances.

I'll take that at this stage!

tolmie someone said city have booked a medical at a private hospital for monday (clichy) and tuesday (?) is the nasri deal close for him to have a medical tommorow?

Not unless he leaves Vegas today with his lovely tennis girlfriend Tatijana Golovin (I suggest you search her out!)

Nasri will surely be speaking directly to Arsenal and Wenger, before a final decision is made.

Should Arsenal come up short, I'd wager the Friday and next 48 hours, will see who he has opted for.

Plenty of time for more bullshit to be spread. I'll go tomorrow Chelsea, Tuesday, United, Wednesday, Nasri not interested in City, Thursday, Arsenal set to offer new deal to stay, Friday, Chelsea and United head queue...

Saturday, Nasri in shock move to Man City after head turned by £10m a week offer.

Nasri [Merged] - 11:55 am

BringBackSwales said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
A couple people hearing we are close on Nasri.

They have enough credibility for me to post it, for me to think it's worth posting, anyway.

Fantastic news (if true;)

agreed would be excellent news; are these people close to the club?

Close enough for me to consider them nothing more than genuine, certainly more so than those outsiders who revel in dismissing us as second or third best for each player we are remotely interested in.

It's also one of the strong motivating factors for me being a poster on here.

Gauged, unless Arsenal somehow come up with the goods, United supposedly began distancing themselves from the moment we were publicly linked.

It's a smear job ever since, the usual anybody of any standing, putting money before prestige.

We are perhaps playing a cute game, but nobody around City is rubbishing our chances.

I'll take that at this stage!

Nasri [Merged] - 11:39 am

A couple people hearing we are close on Nasri.

They have enough credibility for me to post it, for me to think it's worth posting, anyway.

Fantastic news (if true;)

Sunday 3rd July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 9:07 pm
Poster: Quinninho

danburge82 said:
Quinninho said:
I heard from a fairly reliable source that Nasri is having his medical with the rags before Friday.
What makes your source fairly reliable? Just saying he's fairly reliable is just a load of bollocks! Your post should say why he's fairly reliable otherwise you may as well not bother posting such a comment!

Wow, who's an information junkie?! Rather scathing attack for posting something in goodfaith!

Anyway, I'm a member of a golf club in Co Wicklow called Druids Heath, Roy Keane's solicitor is also a member and I heard it from him. Not claiming to be ITK just passing on info, apparently it's pretty much done with the rags and his medical will be done during the week

medical tomorrow at BUPA - 5:51 pm
Poster: salfordpaul

Alright lads and lasses, I know someone at BUPA who has told me that City have booked BUPA for two player medicals. One monday and one Tuesday. I'm sorry I cant reveal which Bupa facility it is.

I'm assuming one is Clichy! wonder who the second one is??? Just passing on what i've been told! Dicks on here dont bother giving me shit..many thanks! ;)

Nasri [Merged] - 1:02 pm
Poster: Quinninho

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Nasri is having his medical with the rags before Friday.

Nasri [Merged] - 10:28 am

SouthStandStander said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Interesting reading that Bob Cass article.

The ONLY person Slur Alex speaks too, usually off the record.

There's no way Cass would go out on such a limb in such a short short window to a possible conclusion.

Conspiracy theorists may suggest it has been orchestrated to set us up for a fall and United will ultimately win the race.

But if this was the case, Cass would not have buried 'the lead' within a propoganda piece about Alexis Sanchez.

The fact Nasri to City is not plastered all over the back, is a truer barometer that Cass has been given an accurate state of play by his lord and master.

Both he and Cass would not pass the opportunity up to run the exclusive that United had him in the bag, killing two birds with one stone.

Firstly, ensuring City stay out of the bidding and ramping up the price on their own limited budget.

Secondly, to rub our faces in it.

City have been talking with Arsenal for weeks on a variety of permutations.

is there the possibilty that shay given will be included in any of the deals with arsenal?

Yours is a very valid proposition. Arsenal have certainly shown interest before, when they failed with a deal for Schwarzer.

All the talk seems to be about Villa, though. Wenger is no mug when it comes to these type of deals.

He's even shrewd enough to be planning for the day he becomes City boss!

Nasri [Merged] - 10:19 am

Interesting reading that Bob Cass article.

The ONLY person Slur Alex speaks too, usually off the record.

There's no way Cass would go out on such a limb in such a short short window to a possible conclusion.

Conspiracy theorists may suggest it has been orchestrated to set us up for a fall and United will ultimately win the race.

But if this was the case, Cass would not have buried 'the lead' within a propoganda piece about Alexis Sanchez.

The fact Nasri to City is not plastered all over the back, is a truer barometer that Cass has been given an accurate state of play by his lord and master.

Both he and Cass would not pass the opportunity up to run the exclusive that United had him in the bag, killing two birds with one stone.

Firstly, ensuring City stay out of the bidding and ramping up the price on their own limited budget.

Secondly, to rub our faces in it.

City have been talking with Arsenal for weeks on a variety of permutations.

Nasri [Merged] - 9:59 am

Mancio said:
youtube again ? some sources seem to have dried up... :-)

Ha Ha ;)

Despite all the rubbishing of our interest, even supposed denials from the club, itself, plenty of chatter the boy is very much interested in what we are about as a club.

Maybe it's not always about paying the most money, after all?

An exciting week, if nothing else.

Nasri [Merged] - 9:46 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XQ26KePUQ[/youtube]

Saturday 2nd July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 1:48 pm

mostonbluemark said:
Giles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Giles...the voice of a long-lost articulated nation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxlE7yCSHAM[/youtube]

Good heavens, Tolmie, that man is sporting a mullet. That haircut truly was the beginning of the end. A rare lapse in taste from you there, old chap.

Tolmie, forgive me was that a clue? How are things on the Nasri front?

It wasn't mate, simply a doffed cap to Mr Fortnum and Mason!

As for Nasri, forget so called briefings, supposed stances, it is one of those rare transfers which simply presents itself, and City, like others, don't want to reveal their hand until they know if the deck is fully loaded in their favour.

We'll find out pretty quickly next week.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, blues.

Friday 1st July 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 10:38 am
Poster: Hamann Pineapple

Damocles said:
We dont want Nasri
Sorry Damo, on this occasion, you are incorrect. Maybe you are expressing an opinion about wanting him in the team but I know for a fact he was picked up from the airport yesterday morning by one of City's drivers. Chances are, he and his agent will have talks with United too whilst here.

Nasri [Merged] - 12:27 am
Poster: Lenblue

Guys, I cannot say whether or not he is signing for us, but seen as though I started the story on Thursday, I can confirm that Nasri and his father flew in to the private terminal at Manchester Airport on Thursday afternoon, and were picked up my Manchester City Representatives. They left the airport together, and that is as far as my guarantees go. So yes, he is obviously talking to us, but has he signed, who knows? All I know is that he was expected to fly in and sign for that lot, so if indeed we have gazumped them, that will do for me.

Like someone posted earlier, we are posting what we know, if, the actions afterwards go against our findings, that is not our fault, we do not deserve to be hung , drawn and quartered if it does not come off. If anyone is getting upset over this, please search out the Ratty Neville Blue Moon Testimonial thread, and life will be good again! Off to the souvenir shop in the morning to get NASRI on my back!!!!!!

Thursday 30th June 2011

Nasri [Merged] - 6:30 pm

kippaxwarrior said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Usually don't make a habit of this, but considering the crap I received on Nasri and Clichy threads earlier this morn...

Phantom into the night= Allo Allo - The French Resistance leaders' catchphrase

And aside from Gooney, the only person suggesting we all keep our eyes on Arsenal and it being perhaps pivotal to Fabregas and Sanchez.

Blue Mark, I believe, has made himself a few quid ;)

From what I hear, City have exacted some sweet revenge today on some journos who have taken the piss in recent weeks, David McDonell of The Mirror for one, re a Nasri denial.

Also lead to believe City have clamped down quickly on Sky's earlier rhetoric, for nothing more than upsetting any of the related parties.

Good to know
TH, just how close are we to signing Nasri?
40% 50% 70%?

That's now the 64 million dollar question!

We can still be 'played' even at this stage but let us now see the real colour of those cnuts money.

I'd maybe even put the percentages higher than your estimates at present.

Increasingly confident ;)

Nasri [Merged] - 6:20 pm

Usually don't make a habit of this, but considering the crap I received on Nasri and Clichy threads earlier this morn...

Phantom into the night= Allo Allo - The French Resistance leaders' catchphrase

And aside from Gooney, the only person suggesting we all keep our eyes on Arsenal and it being perhaps pivotal to Fabregas and Sanchez.

Blue Mark, I believe, has made himself a few quid ;)

From what I hear, City have exacted some sweet revenge today on some journos who have taken the piss in recent weeks, David McDonell of The Mirror for one, re a Nasri denial.

Also lead to believe City have clamped down quickly on Sky's earlier rhetoric, for nothing more than upsetting any of the related parties.

Gael Clichy - 12:29 pm

C_T_I_D said:
Taking your ITK hat off for a minute Tolm and just as a general blue, how do you see this one playing out for Nasri?

I can only gauge from a City perspective. He is someone we have monitored.

I think Arsenal would very much like to do business with us, should it all be about money for Nasri.

Arsenal may get closer to Nasri's initial request, but those speculative figures attributed to City of £180k wouldn't be far off.

City would easily be able to justify the wages getting a top performer at a significant discount, someone who fits in with Champs and Prem experience, who is young, and meets our team demands.

And also leave United spewing.

Hat off, think it could get done very quickly and again, we have been speaking with Arsenal on a few things up to now.

Gael Clichy - 12:23 pm
City Raider

same guy who told me about robinho has just told me nasri has flown in - doesnt mean he will sign but talks deffo happening

not itk, dont wanna be, just trust this guy

Gael Clichy - 11:50 am

B3nStr0ng said:
Do we have any confirmed interest on Clichy tolm or is it just press and us speculating?

Interest is real, albeit it goes back more than a year.

Just an inkling we may get dabs on Nasri if we pay premium on Clichy.

Gael Clichy - 11:36 am

Manc in London said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We've been talking with Arsenal for a few weeks on a few things, including Nasri's situation.

I suspect the Clichy story has been purposely leaked, with regards the previous interest shown by City in Baines.

A very bad signing if it materialises. Can only hope Nasri sweetens any pill.

Any idea on how the talks went re Nasri? There are rumours in the press that he is going to United but I cannot see Arsenal simply letting him go cheaply to a title rival. Even though he is in the last year of his contract, his stock is very high, and I am confident Arsenal could get well over the reported £20m United think it will take to get Arsenal to sell the Frenchman. I'd rather we had Nasri than Sanchez, TBH.

Although I am not an admirer of Clichy, I think you have been harsh on him. I read an article the other day which referred to a number of his stats in comparison to those of Evra and Baines. Apart from assists, he appeared to match, or at least better, the both of them. Apparently, he also only made one mistake that led to a goal (goodness knows how they come up with such a stat).

I have attempted to stress for a few weeks Arsenal is a club was told we needed to keep an eye on.

Mancini wanted Fabregas as his first option, but ruled a non-starter from player end, we were also hoping any indication of being receptive, would provide us with leverage against Barcelona in the bidding process for Sanchez.

Then it was Wilshere - again - no thanks.

Nasri's situation has also been a watching brief, City not keen to be used as a bargaining tool by his camp to improve his wages, hence in the shadows.

Arsenal know where we are.

Gael Clichy - 11:03 am

Ntini77 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Truly awful defender.

I watched him quite a bit last season, shocking to see how somebody who was initially touted as the next Ashley Cole, can regress so much.

Impetuous in the tackle, woeful positional awareness.

A quicker Wayne Bridge who concedes penalties for fun.

Are we signing him, then?

His performance against United was one of the worst I've seen.

We've been talking with Arsenal for a few weeks on a few things, including Nasri's situation.

I suspect the Clichy story has been purposely leaked, with regards the previous interest shown by City in Baines.

A very bad signing if it materialises. Can only hope Nasri sweetens any pill.

Tuesday 28th June 2011

Sanchez (continued) - 1:14 pm
Poster: Ajay

Correction to recent press updates: we have not matched Neymars break clause!

We have exceeded it by 4 million.

Sanchez (continued) - 10:59 am

Mancio said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
All quiet on the Western Front.

Chelsea have not bid for Sanchez. Same teams remain, including United.

Hi Tolmie , do you know if its true City met the neymar clause ?

Absolute garbage.

Sanchez (continued) - 10:26 am

All quiet on the Western Front.

Chelsea have not bid for Sanchez. Same teams remain, including United.

Sanchez (continued) - 6:08 am

The guys in the UAE are still confident that we have this!

PS: and the other two:)

Saturday 25th June 2011

Sanchez (continued) - 4:42 pm
Poster: 1.618034

An excellent sauce tells me that "two deals are very imminent."

No names mentioned.

Seems like the mists are beginning to clear...

Thursday 23rd June 2011

Sanchez (continued) - 4:31 pm

B3nStr0ng said:
Ajay said:
Two more clarifications:

1. YES Sanchez is talking to a.n.other club!

2. NO we are not PLAYING with HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan's money - the money is approved, invested and ready - he backs us 100% and will continue to do so!

Barca or Utd mate?

It is Barca - but the sum have a team also trying to engage with him!

Sanchez (continued) - 4:22 pm

Two more clarifications:

1. YES Sanchez is talking to a.n.other club!

2. NO we are not PLAYING with HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan's money - the money is approved, invested and ready - he backs us 100% and will continue to do so!

Sanchez (continued) - 4:08 pm

After reading a fair amount of nonsense on here let me add a few things before I sleep -after all it is gone 11pm here:

1. Someone claiming he has signed a 5 year deal -well are only offering 5 year deals for our key players so you would be right any which way it goes!

2. Picture of the guy with things wrapped around his head is not me -but pretty good resemblance :)

3. He has still not signed with us but is talking to us directly and via his agent- there is open and clear communication taking place even as I speak!

4. Everyone calm down - he is one of three major targets!

5. NO! I am not mentioning who - I did say all had been named on the forum and that is that!

Finally, isn't BLUEMOON great!

Sanchez (continued) - 12:45 pm
Poster: Danamy

richards30 said:
Danamy said:
OB1 said:
This is true in terms of pricing a player but whether the price reflects value for money is a more more subjective issue and you could try and put a real economic value on a player's registration but that would be a difficult calculation.

I happen to think that if City really want this boy, they should blow the other offers out of the water. I'm all for having good relations with Barca and other big teams but we are trying to compete with them and not win a popularity contest. City should behave in and honest, dignified, straight forward manner and gain respect from their peers on that basis but it's not underhand to have more cash and to use it.

I agree with your point that our business model essentially requires great and quick success so that we can expand and fill our stadium; that's going to require a big upfront investment. The owner has certainly made a big investment but more is required.

All well and good but why blow money for the sake of it and have it as more expenditure?

Would you pay £10 for a pair of socks on ebay if you could of got them for £6?

I must add that i don't buy my socks on ebay.......honest!
whats your take on the sanchez situation danamy?? you`ve always been convinced hes coming? still a good chance mate?

I'm still very confident as i know how important he is as a target, hence the time and patience we're showing.

I still think Barca will walk away at some stage.............

Sanchez (continued) - 12:45 pm

C17Y AS said:
Ajay said:
Neville Kneville said:
If Sanchez said yes & Ajay told everyone, then something went wrong with the deal, half the people on here would want to lynch him.

As off one hour ago - the answer was still NO!

Could you clarify - Has he said actually said 'NO' to us in terms of we have offered to him and he wants to negotiate or has he said 'NO' im not interested??

Sorry to be pedantic

He has not agreed to terms with us - hence the answer we assume at this stage is a NO...

City are not willing to improve on our terms so the ball is in his and his clubs court - oh! and his manager!

Out now -I am on holiday in Malaysia and willl og on when i can.

Cheers

Sanchez (continued) - 12:35 pm

kinkladzestwinkletoes said:
Ajay said:
bojinov29 said:
tell us more

He has spoken with Mancini and this plane business is bollocks!

PS: so is the 30Million bid - we have bid more but it is not a clear 30M..

100% confirmed!

so can you confirm whether or not he is going to be a City player please?

I can tell you that as of 1 hour ago he is NOT a city player yet... he has discussed terms and those negotiations are all but complete but he has not agreed YET - he is however being pushed to join us!

City are not going to mess around -if he wants to join Barca then so be it - we have tabled our final bid -DO NOT listen to the press- they will claim we have paid even more than reported!

Sanchez (continued) - 12:21 pm

bojinov29 said:
Ajay said:
Sanchez did NOT refuse to get on a plane or REFUSE to speak to us- that is 100% confirmed!

Press = gutter shite!

tell us more

He has spoken with Mancini and this plane business is bollocks!

PS: so is the 30Million bid - we have bid more but it is not a clear 30M..

100% confirmed!

Sanchez (continued) - 12:21 pm

Sanchez did NOT refuse to get on a plane or REFUSE to speak to us- that is 100% confirmed!

Press = gutter shite!

Sanchez (continued) - 11:44 am

tilbz said:
Are we definetly out of the running for Sanchez now tolmie or have I misread your posts?

You've just misread, mate.

I've not had any update since last night, another poster suggesting the ship has since sailed.

Sanchez (continued) - 11:13 am

richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
OrigamiNinja said:
Come on TH as much as I enjoy your YouTube clips now is not the time! The question everyone wants answering this morning is.............Any truth in the Sanchez not wanting to talk to us stories?

Apologies, just a playful dig at the entire saga, not with regards a conclusion of any sorts.

I could sit out the half hour as Slinky Kinky has put on it, but as of this morning, I've got people telling me secondary stuff, possible reactions to stuff already out there.

It's never a surprise how some things are leaked, and by who, so congrats to Slinky if he sources have come up trumps.
so is it looking likely that we`ve lost out tolm?

I've continually tried to stress in last few days, that we should not try and react to everything which is reported or stated as fact.

What will be, will be. All I have attempted to do in my own way is try and keep blues realistic through this whole saga, that we couldn't have tried harder.

Sanchez (continued) - 11:02 am

OrigamiNinja said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FgSmdfRUus[/youtube]

Come on TH as much as I enjoy your YouTube clips now is not the time! The question everyone wants answering this morning is.............Any truth in the Sanchez not wanting to talk to us stories?

Apologies, just a playful dig at the entire saga, not with regards a conclusion of any sorts.

I could sit out the half hour as Slinky Kinky has put on it, but as of this morning, I've got people telling me secondary stuff, possible reactions to stuff already out there.

It's never a surprise how some things are leaked, and by who, so congrats to Slinky if he sources have come up trumps.

Sanchez (continued) - 10:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FgSmdfRUus[/youtube]

Aly Cissokho - 10:24 am
Poster: SlinkyKinky

This will be our first signing, and the Sanchez ship has sailed. Courtesy of an old great deeply involved with the club.

Wednesday 22nd June 2011

Sanchez (continued) - 9:53 pm

kennycar said:
LoveCity said:
Well, Sanchez has canceled his flight to Barcelona, that can only be a good thing as it means he can't go and sign. ;)

But he might have canceled it for many reasons, the most obvious one being Udinese haven't finalized a deal yet.
Or it could be that everyone has agreed to sort it out after the Copa America, I bloody hope not though, I can't take months of this.

That can't and won't be allowed to happen.

We're not interested in that timeline.

More importantly, Chilean FA will not sanction clearance for Sanchez to play, due to liabilities on insurance.

It is coming to a head. On another note, don't take much notice of Udinese's President's son, he makes Chemical Ali seem like J Edgar Hoover.

Let's hope it continues to be about the Benjamins for Udinese...goodnight.

Sanchez (continued) - 9:17 pm

A fellow poster has brought the last few hours of this thread to my attention.

Firstly, thanks for ruining my enjoyment of the fucking tennis ;)

Apparently posters have since attached my postings earlier this morn, to me saying we have had a bid accepted by Udinese.

There is NO WAY on this septic isle I would divulge such info on here at this critical stage.

Perhaps people should read it back, where I insist we are awaiting to be afforded the next step, as Udinese would welcome, a final increase in our bid, once we get clarification.

As for Corky's postings, you appear to have me at a major disadvantage, mate, currently?

I have insisted all along nobody could call it, aside from what I was hearing in terms of Barca struggling to make a deal work.

City are working as hard as they can on it, but as of this evening, nobody has told me the champagne is poised to come off ice.

In answer to my postings about Ashley Young, it makes no difference to United maintaining their status on Sanchez.

They have a price, they are sticking to it, and they are holding out hope their name will be enough to see us off, regardless of our own better bid, should Barca falter.

Arrogant pricks.

Sanchez (continued) - 8:37 pm
Poster: corky1970

Tomorrow we will know ..... If we don't then I'm willing to be banned .

Get the Champagne corks ready for some amazing news. Tolmie knows what I'm on about

Sanchez (continued) - 10:45 am

Neville Kneville said:
Tolmie, are you saying that none of the clubs have so far been directly allowed to approach the player & City would be the 1st to officially do so?

Yes. Talking to agents and clubs are very different.

His agents are well aware of differing terms from related parties.

Hence, why Sanchez was due to fly into Barca. They were his No.1 preference and expected to return to Chile team with contract in hand.

United have also previously 'established' they would be his preference in England.

Up until developments last 48 hours I would have stated - Barca, United, us, in that order.

But, as I have stated all along, we are sticking around for good reason. Our convictions and belief that Man City can be the perfect place for Sanchez if we let him see.

Sanchez (continued) - 10:17 am

The figures being mentioned from the Barca end are incorrect, widely inflated, to make them look good, more intended to fool other clubs what might be left in the kitty for other targets.

Udinese are now more than willing to let us make our direct 'pitch' towards the player, which has had us at a disadvantage so far, in comparision to both Barca and United.

They have both gauged initial preferences by 'other means'.

We will go to £30m if there is a clear indication from Sanchez that he ready and willing.

Otherwise, and this is the real big City fear, Barca continue to penny-pinch, Unitedget him by default at their final price of £27.5m.

It's come down to a simple sales' pitch. Udinese have liked the cut of our gib for months, but our wallet isn't the deciding factor in all this at this stage.

It certainly can be, but that's a fight for another day, should it be afforded.

good thread.

Not sure if it's just for the first post or conversation purposes, but this:

the manager wants to know by end of this weekend.
As far as he's concerned, it gets sorted one way or another, or he starts to plan with him.
It's impacting on his/our spending plans.

has me wondering. I can't see a decently sized spending spree if Tevez stays. Even with all of our other outgoings they won't bring in that much. Add in FFP creeping in can we really keep Tevez and buy 2 25-30mil players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.