Where we are up to thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andouble said:
good thread.

Not sure if it's just for the first post or conversation purposes, but this:

the manager wants to know by end of this weekend.
As far as he's concerned, it gets sorted one way or another, or he starts to plan with him.
It's impacting on his/our spending plans.

has me wondering. I can't see a decently sized spending spree if Tevez stays. Even with all of our other outgoings they won't bring in that much. Add in FFP creeping in can we really keep Tevez and buy 2 25-30mil players?

The consensus seemed to be:

Left-back
Centre-back
Creative midfielder / wide player
Striker (if Tevez leaves)

I think we were expecting Kolo to be out for at least half the season so with him back in the frame, even if Boateng leaves, we still have cover for Kompany and Lescott in Kolo and Boyata. We therefore can scratch centre back from the list.

Baines looks like the most likely left back and I'd estimate he'd set us back about £15-20m although Moyes will probably make sure it's closer to £20m than £15m.

That means if Tevez stays we're only looking at one other signing, £25m seems to be the standard fee, this takes our spending to £45m say.

I suggest the following are reasonable transfer fees:

Adebayor - £12m
Bellamy - £2m
Bridge - £4m
Santa Cruz - £4m
Wright-Phillips - £5m
Caicedo - £1m
Jo - £1m
Onuoha - £4m

I've aired on the side of caution above and that totals £33m leaving our net spend and £12m (less than £10m if we get a good deal on Baines). I'm sure the FFPR allow for a small loss of about £10m-£15m but even so, net spend of £12m in the transfer market should be recoverable, especially with a wage bill reduction as Baines + A.N.Other will be on less than the total of the above.

Should we sell Tevez and say get Aguero for £12m less we could be looking at breaking even in the transfer market. Of course all this goes to pot when we announce the signing of Gary Cahill (or Iniesta) prays to God

Robbo. said:
17th May 2011

Suarez (sp)
Poster: kingdoneg

I can confirm this guy completed a medical today for City. I can't reveal my source. but needless to say we have usurped Clelsea on this one!

Suarez (sp)
Poster: Big G

Prob up for a slating but hey ho, not gonna tell you my source as it aint worth their job so dont bither asking.
Dont get excited, not the Colgate kid from Liverpool.
Some 18 year old kid called Suarez (think its spelt that way), we have an advanced interest in him, the name 'David' did get mentioned but google draws a blank, position, country and club I do not know,
Any of you football whizz's be able to give some of us a clue?
Sorry for being as vague as vague gets, and it may amount to fuck all but hey, blow me.

Sounds like they are referring to 17 year old Denis Suarez who Celta Vigo claim have been signed by City.

Manchester City beat FC Barcelona to sign Denis Suarez from Celta Vigo

Published on 2011-05-24 from CrunchSport

Manchester City have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Celta Vigo's highly-rated midfielder Denis Suarez

Celta Vigo chairman Carlos Mourino confirmed that the Spain Under-17 star will join Premier League big spenders City for an initial £850,000, which could rise to £2.6million depending on appearances and performance-related clauses in the deal.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Celta Vigo and Manchester City have today completed the transfer of the rights of midfielder Denis Suarez, who will play for the English club next season.

"Celta would like to thank Denis Suarez for his efforts and dedication in the past few seasons with our junior team, and we wish him great success in his new undertaking in English football."

Chelsea and Real Madrid had also shown interest in the teenager, who was yet to make his senior debut for Celta.

http://www.premierleaguenow.com/sto...Vigo&team=Manchester City&player=denis suarez

He's on the current squad for Spain's Under 17 National Team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_national_under-17_football_team
# - 10
Pos. - MF
Player - Denis Suárez
Date of Birth (Age) - 6 January 1994 (1994-01-06) (age 17)
Caps - 8
Goals - 2
Club - Celta

macmanson said:
Robbo. said:
17th May 2011

Suarez (sp)
Poster: kingdoneg

I can confirm this guy completed a medical today for City. I can't reveal my source. but needless to say we have usurped Clelsea on this one!

Suarez (sp)
Poster: Big G

Prob up for a slating but hey ho, not gonna tell you my source as it aint worth their job so dont bither asking.
Dont get excited, not the Colgate kid from Liverpool.
Some 18 year old kid called Suarez (think its spelt that way), we have an advanced interest in him, the name 'David' did get mentioned but google draws a blank, position, country and club I do not know,
Any of you football whizz's be able to give some of us a clue?
Sorry for being as vague as vague gets, and it may amount to fuck all but hey, blow me.

Sounds like they are referring to 17 year old Denis Suarez who Celta Vigo claim have been signed by City.

Manchester City beat FC Barcelona to sign Denis Suarez from Celta Vigo

Published on 2011-05-24 from CrunchSport

Manchester City have beaten Barcelona to the signing of Celta Vigo's highly-rated midfielder Denis Suarez

Celta Vigo chairman Carlos Mourino confirmed that the Spain Under-17 star will join Premier League big spenders City for an initial £850,000, which could rise to £2.6million depending on appearances and performance-related clauses in the deal.

A statement on the club's official website read: "Celta Vigo and Manchester City have today completed the transfer of the rights of midfielder Denis Suarez, who will play for the English club next season.

"Celta would like to thank Denis Suarez for his efforts and dedication in the past few seasons with our junior team, and we wish him great success in his new undertaking in English football."

Chelsea and Real Madrid had also shown interest in the teenager, who was yet to make his senior debut for Celta.

http://www.premierleaguenow.com/sto...Vigo&team=Manchester City&player=denis suarez

He's on the current squad for Spain's Under 17 National Team:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain_national_under-17_football_team
# - 10
Pos. - MF
Player - Denis Suárez
Date of Birth (Age) - 6 January 1994 (1994-01-06) (age 17)
Caps - 8
Goals - 2
Club - Celta

They got there in the end:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=220868&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=220868&start=60</a>

kenzie115 said:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=220868&start=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=220868&start=60</a>

Wow, 68 posts to figure that out. Jumping to a few conclusions quickly on the transfer threads this year. :)

Wonderful initiative Robbo, - much appreciated.

In edit:
Oh, and could not this thread be made a sticky?

macmanson said:
kenzie115 said:

Wow, 68 posts to figure that out. Jumping to a few conclusions quickly on the transfer threads this year. :)

Actually, the 2nd reply to the thread worked out it was Denis Suarez, the rest is just discussion about him.

kenzie115 said:
I suggest the following are reasonable transfer fees:

Adebayor - £12m
Bellamy - £2m
Bridge - £4m
Santa Cruz - £4m
Wright-Phillips - £5m
Caicedo - £1m
Jo - £1m
Onuoha - £4m

I've aired on the side of caution above and that totals £33m leaving our net spend and £12m (less than £10m if we get a good deal on Baines). I'm sure the FFPR allow for a small loss of about £10m-£15m but even so, net spend of £12m in the transfer market should be recoverable, especially with a wage bill reduction as Baines + A.N.Other will be on less than the total of the above.

Should we sell Tevez and say get Aguero for £12m less we could be looking at breaking even in the transfer market. Of course all this goes to pot when we announce the signing of Gary Cahill (or Iniesta) prays to God

I think you are more than a bit hopeful in money for some of these players ,it is not so much their value as players as the wages they are on and the length of contract they have.
We will effectively have to pay money to get rid of some of these players, certainly dear old Rocky who could not get a place in a very ordinary Blackburn side and is on big money. I suspect the same is true for Bellers and Bridge. and brings Ades transfer fee down to a level that is much lower than it should be for a player of his ability.
It may make us a bit more circumspect about who we bring in as well. Still it is something for the money men to sort out , we need a bit of strengthening to take on a major European competition and the Premier league looking at how badly Arsenal and Spurs fell away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.