Where were you 08/08/1998

who could've imagined, back then as we started life in Div 2 at home to Blackpool on a glorious sunny day, just what a journey this club would soon be on.
for my part i was in the North stand suitably pissed, loving life as we played for that time great football and won 3=0
spent last 15 mins of match banging out na na nan a nan na city to the tune of hey jude, quality atmosphere, but wouldn't swap where we are now
it's been a long process if you are from my age group 50 and over , but my god what memories

Remember it well. Great turn out - a record for that division perhaps? Was my birthday too!! Loved the journey since then!!

I was in main stand with my dad near the police box thing mega mega day glorious sunshine I thought we was the bees nees. I'm from Bolton and so passionate about city every weekend I used belt out bluemoon walking down the street middle of the night neighbours used love me but couldnt give a shit all i cared about was city,win lose or draw attended most games that season but wouldn't swap were we are now not a chance. Never in a million years did I think we would play United again never mind win the league but only can city do the things we've done over the years that's why are club is so special ctwd.

Is that the game when that Georgian with the long name scored, Khakber Tszchadze or something like that.

For Fulham, a few days later...
I was with the family in Santa Ponsa, Majorca ;which is full of Irish bars, none of whom had any interest in showing a midweek game. I eventually tracked down this twee English place, full of china plates with Charles & Di plastered all over them. Take away the çerveza and I imagine it must be what the gift shop at Buckingham Palace looks like.

There was one other family in there - all blues. Nobody happy.

My language, as we got thumped 3-0 by Kevin Keegan's side (wonder whatever became of him afterwards?) was, shall we say, not best appreciated by the lady behind the bar.

Remember it well. Great turn out - a record for that division perhaps? Was my birthday too!! Loved the journey since then!!
Long way off the record crowd for div 3. Villa and Sheff Wed both had 48k+ in the 70s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.