which city game do you most regret missing?

Semi final last year. Had to give my tickets away. Was away on a pre-booked holiday in France and ended up jumping in a freezing cold swimming pool in front of the Mrs and her family at the final whistle having been drinking wine since breakfast.

the rags 5-1 at maine road at the time i was playing rugby and we had an important game so sold my ticket to a mate

allso the 6-1 at the swamp allso had a ticket for me and the wife but one of my best mates was getting married the next day down bradford on avon , originally i was going to drive down from the swamp after the game but then i decided that i didnt really fancy being stuck in traffic down the m6 and m5 with a load of rags so set off early sunday morning and watched it in a pub, 2 of my mates got the benefit of watching us stuff them

Kiev away - only game in last 4 seasons - only missed it coz if I went I would have no time off left for the semi and final if we got there which of course we didn't!

Probably would have been the first of the 6-1s this season, but I ended up deciding to get tickets.

Wolves 2002 for me.

The 2-1 and 6-1 wins at the swamp. I could have gone to both but had made a decision after the 2006/2007 season to never go to the swamp again after a few bad experiences leaving the ground.

Also, I wish I had been at Ewood Park when we gained promotion, even just stood on the hill. It was after watching this game on TV and desperately wishing I was there that I decided I wanted to start going to away games as well.

Another game I wish I would have been at was when Spuds beat us to a champions league spot with that Crouch goal. Might sound odd,but I was in Florida at the time (mums fault) and had to miss the game, one of only five in 13 years and felt gutted I wasnt there to get behind the lads and show my appreciation for their hard work all season.

This season, I'd say Porto away (was in Bremen on a stag doo) or Norwich away.

Of all time, maybe the last game at Maine Rd. Was at uni and couldn't afford the £300 for a one off ticket.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.