which city game do you most regret missing?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by laserblue, 27 Apr 2012.

1. laserblue

laserblue

away - the 6-1 of course. couldn't get a ticket. (yes, yes i know).

home - the 4-1 over the rags in 2003-04 - the only home game i missed that season. i was on a business trip to the states and flying back that day. i didn't know the result until after i landed the following morning when my cab driver, who was a big blue still on a high, took great delight in telling me. (i think he was secretly wishing i was a rag to rub it in though).

2. ell

ell

The cup final. Rather not talk about it :(

3. York away

4. BoyBlue_1985

BoyBlue_1985

Electrician
    I missed the 2-1 at sold trafford on munich rememberance day as i was flying to New Zealand. Great news 2 seconds after landing though
    Took me 2 miuntes to guess what my Dad was on about though as i hadn't slept for over 35 hours

5. Tellison87MCFC

Tellison87MCFC

Definatley the 6 1... Also the last game at Maine road! Not sure why I didn't go to this game, was still in the days when my dad took me.. I'll ask him Monday.!!

6. Stephenhakin

Stephenhakin

The 5-1 at Maine Road, The 1-2 at the at the swamp for the Munich Anniversary, The Spurs cup game 3-4.

7. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Hamburg at home.

8. es1

es1

spurs and united away this year

could have gone to both but decided not to go to either

thankfully i took up the last minute off of a ticket to norwich tho!

9. Elanos_Right_Boot

Elanos_Right_Boot

Mansfield ( dreadful migraine and just couldn't make it) and York away ( no money at the time to get there)

10. glenowen

glenowen

1985: City 5, Charlton 1

I had travelled over from Belfast the previous weekend (or maybe two weeks before, my memory is going!) to witness us clinch promotion. Saw a dreadful goaless draw at Maine Road against Oldham and a 3-2 defeat at Notts County a few days later. My dreams of glory were shattered.

Couldn't afford another cross-Channel trip on that Saturday against Charlton and had to make do with listening to it on the radio at home. I was so nervous, I was pretty pissed before kick-off. Even more pissed in Belfast city-centre that evening.

Ahh, the memories...But I will be there on Monday night when we take a huge step towards the Premiership.