which city game do you most regret missing?

laserblue

away - the 6-1 of course. couldn't get a ticket. (yes, yes i know).

home - the 4-1 over the rags in 2003-04 - the only home game i missed that season. i was on a business trip to the states and flying back that day. i didn't know the result until after i landed the following morning when my cab driver, who was a big blue still on a high, took great delight in telling me. (i think he was secretly wishing i was a rag to rub it in though).

I missed the 2-1 at sold trafford on munich rememberance day as i was flying to New Zealand. Great news 2 seconds after landing though
Took me 2 miuntes to guess what my Dad was on about though as i hadn't slept for over 35 hours

Definatley the 6 1... Also the last game at Maine road! Not sure why I didn't go to this game, was still in the days when my dad took me.. I'll ask him Monday.!!

The 5-1 at Maine Road, The 1-2 at the at the swamp for the Munich Anniversary, The Spurs cup game 3-4.

1985: City 5, Charlton 1

I had travelled over from Belfast the previous weekend (or maybe two weeks before, my memory is going!) to witness us clinch promotion. Saw a dreadful goaless draw at Maine Road against Oldham and a 3-2 defeat at Notts County a few days later. My dreams of glory were shattered.

Couldn't afford another cross-Channel trip on that Saturday against Charlton and had to make do with listening to it on the radio at home. I was so nervous, I was pretty pissed before kick-off. Even more pissed in Belfast city-centre that evening.

Ahh, the memories...But I will be there on Monday night when we take a huge step towards the Premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.