Which NFL team to support?

Has to be Baltimore Ravens

ray%20lewis.ashx

Although I am planning a trip to see Chicago v Carolina in October.

hackneyslim said:
TFC said:
Rex Ryan is too much of a gobshite though, reminds me of Ferguson.

Very true. He may well learn his lesson or next time, though.

Let's go get a fucking snack.

love Rex Ryan ,he doesnt remind me of baconface in the slightest,he has turned Jets into Superbowl contenders despite the very average Mark Sanchez at QB, last year they slumped and may have lost their window to the top but ,Rex is exactly what the lowly Jets needed ,a big arrogant voice to give confidence to a franchise who has had to suffer for a long long time.
Lets not forget they havn't won a superbowl since 1969,have only been close twice before Rex came , once in the 80's and once in the 90's, they're rivals are the Patriots with 3 superbowl wins and 7 AFC championships ,Their City rivals the NY Giants have won two of the last 3 superbowls and before they had success the other NY state team the Buffalo Bills were dominating the AFC getting to 4 superbowls . Rex has people talking about the Jets and that can only be a good thing when your trying to turn around a franchise with little success .

I went t Seattle last year. Walked up to the stadium on what happened to be a game day. I couldn't help but buy a ticket. So probably Seattle Seahawks are my favourite team. Plus they had insanely attractive female fans

Cleveland Browns.

When Channel 4 started showing games in the early 80's, they did a sort of idiot's guide to all the teams. When they got to Cleveland, they showed a game between them and the Pittsburgh Steelers. They pointed out that the Browns were shit and had never been to the Superbowl and that the Steelers were arguably the most successful franchise ever. It was an easy choice to make if you were a City fan.
They then sealed the deal with a clip of the Dog Pound where the home fans were sitting in near freezing temperatures with black painted noses and hats that looked like dogs ears. They all looked pissed to a man and were roundly abusing Steelers players who came anywhere near them.
When the Steelers player touched down in front of the Dog Pound, they went mental. They showered him with beer cans, hot dogs, anything they could find. The commentators said the Cleveland fans were the nearest thing in American Football to english footie fans.

From wikipedia :
Dawg Pound fans quickly developed a reputation for misbehavior as well as vociferousness. Team officials banned the carrying of dog food into the stadium, as bleacher fans would shower the visiting team with Milk-Bones, along with other objects. Dawg Pound fans also consumed hefty amounts of alcohol, even sneaking a keg into the stadium inside of a doghouse. Eventually, the team lined the Dawg Pound with security personnel and had spies monitor the section from above to look for violations of ground rules.
On at least one occasion, Dawg Pound rowdiness had a concrete impact on the outcome of a game. In the fourth quarter of a 1989 game against the hated Denver Broncos, the rain of batteries and other debris coming down from the bleachers was endangering the safety of the players. To move the action away from the east end, referee Tom Dooley had the teams switch sides.
At the final game at Cleveland Stadium in December 1995, members of the Dawg Pound ripped the bleachers from the stands (many having brought wrenches, crowbars, and other tools to dislodge the seats). Some fans threw the seats onto the field, while others took them home as souvenirs.

I don't claim to support them but i have kept an eye on their results for years.

They never win at home and they never win away...........

Any fans of Tim Tebow on here?

(puts on tin hat, goes and sits in corner with a smirk on my face........)

city diehard said:
I've started getting into it recently, anyone advise me on which team has a similar charateristics to that of City. Big, loyal fanbase, not been blessed with silverware for a while but on the up. Help would be appreciated.

I'd shoot from the hip and immediately say none of them!

NFL teams aren't much like football teams in that they change their names, their locations - meaning their cities, and just about anything and everything else (potentially) so I'd just suggest you find a team who you like the look of and go on that basis.

When I was at uni I'd stay up until 3 or 4 am to see the Dolphins lose Superbowls, as I used to like watching Marino, Duper & Clayton and was definitely a Miami supporter. Later, when I lived and worked in NYC I'd watch the Giants but never really got behind them to any degree (they play in NJ by the way) although when I was based out of Atlanta and had a girlfriend who lived less than a mile away from the Falcons' training base I got into them pretty seriously; partly because she was an absolute fanatic (and came with me to the pub to watch City's games too) but a lot to do with the exciting play of one quarterback called Michael Vick, perhaps the most exciting NFL player I've ever seen. I'd even head out with her to see some of the players off the pitch, when they turned up at organised events and the like.

so there you go...

- perhaps not the answer you might have been expecting, but how I view the NFL; and currently I'm not 'sweet' on any particular team, although if an attractive girl comes along with heavy feelings about one of them, well... ehehe

;o)

-- Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:27 pm --

OnlyOneUweRosler said:
I went t Seattle last year. Walked up to the stadium on what happened to be a game day. I couldn't help but buy a ticket. So probably Seattle Seahawks are my favourite team. Plus they had insanely attractive female fans

^^^^ as good a reason as any

I concur!

;o)

NB: if you're a female Bears fan and looking for some company on a match day, I could be unattached!

sbehindcut.jpg

(one should never let any opportunity for shameless self-promotion get away)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.