Who else is Wembleyed out?

Hazarding a guess. There won’t be much change left from £400 if City get to the FA Cup final and CL final. Let’s put that into perspective. That’s nearly half the price of my season ticket, 19 homes games, for next season, for 2 finals this season.

Money to find.

April. Council tax, £1100.
July. Season ticket, £795.
March. Car insurance, just paid, £560.
March. Private health care, £1000. Has to be paid in full by the end of March.(I need a left knee replacement)
Monthly household bills, credit card, etc.

Unfortunately I don’t have a money tree in my back garden.

I wanted to go to Madrid away. Can’t afford it. As simple as that.
Not being able to afford to go is a lot different from being wembleyed out though isnt it..?

You’re kidding aren’t you Villa Park holds 42k and Hillsborough 34k i’d rather do the extra hour and half to Wembley personally.
Semi-finals at Hillesborough have sometimes ended in tragedy.

This talk of going back to Villa Park and Hillsborough is pissing into the wind. It just isn't going to happen. People need to get over it. Even if this were not the case, there are other issues.

Villa Park is too small and Hillsborough is currently not fit for purpose. Tottenham and the Emirates are in North London. The only other viable venues are Newcastle, the Etihad, and Anfield. None of them are going to work for most semi-finals

Last edited:
Semi-finals at Hillesborough have sometimes ended in tragedy.

This talk of going back to Villa Park and Hillsborough is pissing into the wind. It just isn't going to happen. People need to get over it. Even if this were not the case, there are other issues.

Villa Park is too small and Hillsborough is currently not fit for purpose. Tottenham and the Emirates are in North London. The only other viable venues are Newcastle, the Etihad, and Anfield. None of them are going to work for most semi-finals

Nobody has said Hillsborough. Hillsborough will never be used again for a FA Cup semi-,final. Midlands teams can either use Old/New Trafford or Wembley. It's roughly an hour either way, give or take.

You forgot Old/New Trafford. 3 stadiums is all you need in the North. Old Trafford/New Trafford, the Etihad, and Anfield. Which ever way you work it, if City, United, and Liverpool drew each other in a semi final there would be a neutral venu hosting the match in the North west.

My ideal venues would be Cardiff as stated before, Newcastle and the new Everton ground. In the case of Cardiff and Newcastle grounds right in the centre of vibrant City's. In Evertons case within a short walk of Liverpools water front. Make for a great day out for visiting fans while saving Wembley and London for the final. Even a renovated OT has potential as one set of fans could be directed to the quays the other to town. 2011 was a complete farce as four north west clubs all had to go to Wembley, however the FAs greed dictates all semis there for the foreseeable.

Nobody has said Hillsborough. Hillsborough will never be used again for a FA Cup semi-,final. Midlands teams can either use Old/New Trafford or Wembley. It's roughly an hour either way, give or take.

You forgot Old/New Trafford. 3 stadiums is all you need in the North. Old Trafford/New Trafford, the Etihad, and Anfield. Which ever way you work it, if City, United, and Liverpool drew each other in a semi final there would be a neutral venu hosting the match in the North west.
"New Old Trafford"

Speak for yourself, I don't want to be anywhere near that shit hole either now or in the future other than for a derby and even then the shoes I wear have to be burnt post match.

My ideal venues would be Cardiff as stated before, Newcastle and the new Everton ground. In the case of Cardiff and Newcastle grounds right in the centre of vibrant City's. In Evertons case within a short walk of Liverpools water front. Make for a great day out for visiting fans while saving Wembley and London for the final. Even a renovated OT has potential as one set of fans could be directed to the quays the other to town. 2011 was a complete farce as four north west clubs all had to go to Wembley, however the FAs greed dictates all semis there for the foreseeable.

Trying to move 30,000 + fans from Manchester to Cardiff and back, would have people crying out for a return to Wembley.

Trying to move 30,000 + fans from Manchester to Cardiff and back, would have people crying out for a return to Wembley.
Staged several successful FA cup finals at Cardiff generally positive reaction from fans. Only been on to watch Blackpool in play offs with mates only 40 ,000 crowd but all handled superbly. Cardiff City seeking trouble with Blackpool who were playing Orient, realised Owen Glendower pub should be given a miss. Otherwise really good day.

Staged several successful FA cup finals at Cardiff generally positive reaction from fans. Only been on to watch Blackpool in play offs with mates only 40 ,000 crowd but all handled superbly. Cardiff City seeking trouble with Blackpool who were playing Orient, realised Owen Glendower pub should be given a miss. Otherwise really good day.

Well public transport is shocking. One little train an hour at best, that takes all day. And I seem to recall horror stories of Liverpool fans trying to get there for the 2006 final V West Ham by road.

But it’s not going to happen anyway, so bit of a pointless discussion really.

"New Old Trafford"

Speak for yourself, I don't want to be anywhere near that shit hole either now or in the future other than for a derby and even then the shoes I wear have to be burnt post match.
I wouldn't go to a semi final in that shit hole if it was free

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.