Who Had One Of These Back In The Day

You bunch of bastards!

My mum and dad used to tell (lie to) me that "You can't buy the kits, they're just for the players" and I had to make do with whatever blue (often not even sky) nylon monstrosity they were knocking out on Gorton market at that time, and I'm not talking "knock off City kits" here, I'm talking "long sleeved blue nylon T-shirt". Cunts couldn't even be arsed getting a sew-on badge for it either.

No amount of therapy rids me of this heartbreak!

Hate to tell you this, but the ice cream van doesn’t only put the music on when it’s run out either.

Not only did I have that exact same kit but my dad bumped into Colin Bell while he was down the ground buying it and got him to sign it for my birthday present.

To complete the look, my mum cut up a couple of bandages to use as tie ups. With the ends dangling down the top of the socks to look like Dennis Tueart.

Has anyone any idea how much they cost, to compare to today’s prices?

Yep every year Santa placed it at the end of my bed in Xmas morning. Remember getting the black and red stripe kit one year. That’s why I have an affinity for Umbro kits. Brilliant days, Thanks Mum!

My Uncle was not the brightest spark in the box. One year he bought my brother a full City kit. I rushed to open mine only to find a full rag kit. WTF. He tried to make up for it next year with a Rangers top. I used the socks and shorts from it when playing for the school team as i was a goalkeeper and the colour did'ent mater. To say i was disappointed was an understatement!!!

That is quite simply brilliant :)
I still remember my.dad taking that photo.
They have a few of me in their garden wearing the dark blue top.with the white and red sash that Alison had wanted us to have for away shirts.Everytime i go.round to theirs I forget to.ask them.to dig it out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.