Who Had One Of These Back In The Day

I still remember my.dad taking that photo.
They have a few of me in their garden wearing the dark blue top.with the white and red sash that Alison had wanted us to have for away shirts.Everytime i go.round to theirs I forget to.ask them.to dig it out

Our local rivals, St Phillips Primary School in Hulme, had the dark blue sash kit and it looked magnificent!

My school St Augustine’s played in the Wolves kit which was nice but not great. I can still remember the opposition coming out in City kit and I was so jealous!

There would have been a fair few blues delighted when opening one of these treasure boxes over a Christmas or birthday back in the day.

View attachment 104603

View attachment 104604
Fantastic memories. My first kit.
My second one was the red and black top with white collar from the Paul Power era.
Although I’d grown out of it, I still kept it along with my old cub uniform and my Fleetwood Mac T-shirt from my first concert at Bingley Hall.
Then wife had a clear out and binned them. Still not forgiven her…

Now I think about it I always thought this was a knock off kit that I got, mainly because the shorts didn’t seem to match the jersey. Could you get “official” shirts back in those days? Were these the only ones? I asked my mum today where she bought mine from, she remembers the box but can’t recollect the source.

Our local rivals, St Phillips Primary School in Hulme, had the dark blue sash kit and it looked magnificent!

My school St Augustine’s played in the Wolves kit which was nice but not great. I can still remember the opposition coming out in City kit and I was so jealous!
We also had the white kit with the dark blue and red sash,Its the Dark blue with the red and white sash I had as a kid.

d877376afa5e82c87ba201cc954e01a1.jpg

You can get that replica sash shirt from Toffs ..best one we ever had ...need to get the numbers on the sleeves though some how !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.