Who said City couldnt play?

Didsbury Dave said:
robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Hahaha

I really thought that our likely impending title win had affected all blues the same way as it has me but you can't legislate for innate spite and jealousy. Some people are genuinely damaged, genuinely unhappy.

I feel sorry for you, old man... ;-)

I am curious DD. i was pretty negative after the Arsenal game and it now seems I overeacted big time.

Even if QPR pull out the result of the season the last couple of ultra professional performances under huge pressure have restored my faith in Mancini.

Now I know you never had any faith in the first place. But has Roberto changed your mind?

Right at this moment in time I'm not arsed, Robbie. I just care that City are about to win the league.

A United slip up and this run of form doesn't suddenly make him a managerial genius in my eyes. But, like last season, by hook or by crook it looks like he's going to hit his target again. You cannot argue with results.

It isn't the time. It's time to reflect on a lifetime's loyalty to Manchester City and to take in the spine-chilling fact that I believe we are going to lift that trophy. Should that happen, everyone connected with MCFC this season take credit. Everyone.

I'm too busy walking around on cloud 9 to let the poison people spoil it. We came back from the dead and we're about to do it...

My Giddy Aunt.

No but 86 points over the course of the season, with one game left, is a fantastic return in the premier league. United have hardly thrown it away their record is 27-5-5. They have pushed all the way for this title and as yet it is still not over.

Its laughable that people are making it out they have thrown it away, just because they slipped up in two games, they have picked up 38 points in the last 16 games. If we win, it will be due to our fantastic performances over the course of the season.

The players and managment have been phenomenal over the season, hence the position we are.

I put this song on the Post Newcastle thread last night.

We were singing it up the hill back to the coaches on Sunday, absolutely brilliant, its a great tune and not too many words to remember when pissed.

It would be great if the whole ground sang this on Sunday.

We also got "We're having a party while Fergies alive" . Hope we can sing this at 5pm or earlier on Sunday.

Come on Blues, finish the job.

Didsbury Dave said:
Thanks to Gary the song is definitely making a comeback.

On the late train back from Newcastle it was being sung.
That's nice to see. I couldn't make it to Newcastle unfortunately, but I hope we can all enjoy singing it at the Etihad on Sunday.

We might be able to get some of the oldest Blues joining in. I know my dad remembers old timers singing it when he was a kid (he was born in 1938).

It was the first City song I ever heard as a child in the mid 1950's. It was all about rattles, bovril, bobble hats and brass bands back then.<br /><br />-- Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm --<br /><br />This thread reminds me of the old quiz chestnut.

Q “Who played for City one week, United the next and never a penny changed hands in transfer money?”

A The Beswick Prize Band

What happened to them? I remember them playing at half time, marching up and down the pitch in formation. I dont think they would be allowed to march on a modern playing surface.

Didsbury Dave said:

Sadly, an infamously unreliable barometer is the train/coach back. The song may never travel beyond those carriages but here's hoping.

I rang my old man on sun night to have a chat about the match, proper old skool Blue me dad, I only ring him if we win coz he wont answer his fone if we lose, we`ve been chattin quite a lot recently as you can imagine.

Anyway, we was jabberin away and all a sudden, completely out of the Blue I burst into "Who said City couldnt play" I heard my dad start laffin and then after a coi[ple of lines, join in! Next thing I could hear mum singing in the backround too. Proper funny.

He told me afterwards that my grandad would have been in those videos and that nana was probably one of them ladies singing.

Brought a tear to my eye and made me Proud to be a City fan.

For all those deluded fans who think we have no history!
1 million for the parade, we were bigger in Manchester than the rags have ever been!
Rant Over and relax....

We might have had one million for the parade but didn't the rags have one billion in 1999 and even more last year!!

johnny crossan said:
Didsbury Dave said:

yeah Dismal, you were there - you were always there - we've all noticed now what a great blue you are

Oh come on Johnny lad... we're all in the same boat now surely, as we come to the end of our 44 year sojourn...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.