Who's the greatest ?

Quite surprised how many shouts there has been for Yaya.

He's had some huge moments of course, but he's stunk the joint out just as often. People criticised Silva for his 2015/16 season and although he was nowhere near his best, he never approached the depths that Yaya fell to. Toure was a liability for the majority of the season, and wasn't great the season before.

The 4-2 loss at Old Trafford when I think Yaya was the captain was up there with the worst individual performances I've ever seen from a City player. I said at the time I'd have cancelled his contract at half time he was that disinterested.

But I guess people remember the good times more than they remember the whole piece. The winning goals, the driving runs, the marauding 20 goals from midfield in 2014. They don't remember the days when he brought his slippers instead of his boots and let the whole side down with his attitude. Refusing to track runners, the days when he was only interested if there was a chance of getting forward to score, the complete lack of leadership, especially when given the armband.

Yaya was an absolutely brilliant player, he still is on his day. He's probably got the best highlights package of any City player, involved in the most high profile goals. But over his whole career, the best to ever play for the club? Not for me, not by a long way.

Quite surprised how many shouts there has been for Yaya.

He's had some huge moments of course, but he's stunk the joint out just as often. People criticised Silva for his 2015/16 season and although he was nowhere near his best, he never approached the depths that Yaya fell to. Toure was a liability for the majority of the season, and wasn't great the season before.

The 4-2 loss at Old Trafford when I think Yaya was the captain was up there with the worst individual performances I've ever seen from a City player. I said at the time I'd have cancelled his contract at half time he was that disinterested.

But I guess people remember the good times more than they remember the whole piece. The winning goals, the driving runs, the marauding 20 goals from midfield in 2014. They don't remember the days when he brought his slippers instead of his boots and let the whole side down with his attitude. Refusing to track runners, the days when he was only interested if there was a chance of getting forward to score, the complete lack of leadership, especially when given the armband.

Yaya was an absolutely brilliant player, he still is on his day. He's probably got the best highlights package of any City player, involved in the most high profile goals, but over his whole career, the best to ever play for the club? Not for me, not by a long way.
I'm not surprised that Yaya has got a fair few shouts, scoring big goals will always stick in people's minds. I'm also not surprised that a few of the ones saying him feel the need to add "by an absolute mile"
It's as though they can't stand the idea that people don't agree so have to be doubly forceful in their opinion. Quite amusing really.

I'm not surprised that Yaya has got a fair few shouts, scoring big goals will always stick in people's minds. I'm also not surprised that a few of the ones saying him feel the need to add "by an absolute mile"
It's as though they can't stand the idea that people don't agree so have to be doubly forceful in their opinion. Quite amusing really.

Yeh I knew Yaya and KDB tend to get a lot of love from the casual and international fans, obvious really because their highlights look so impressive on smart phones and MOTD.

But I'm surprised by how many regular match going fans have voted for anyone except Silva or Bell.

Don't get me wrong, it seems Silva still has the most votes from match going fans, I just thought his majority over Yaya would be bigger.

Only ever named a pet after one player, Gio(Kinkladze) 51 now been going since 11.
Silva, Yaya, Aguero better players but never loved a blue boy as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.