Why do vets charge so much?

Someone I know is a vet. Locum. Earns £600 a day. Only works 3 days a week.
To be fair, considering the education, training, insurance etc. Its not as much as a dentist earns and I would argue that they have to know a hell of a lot more and whilst some peoples dental hygiene leaves a lot to be desired its not quite on the same league as sticking your arm up a cows arse.

To be fair, considering the education, training, insurance etc. Its not as much as a dentist earns and I would argue that they have to know a hell of a lot more and whilst some peoples dental hygiene leaves a lot to be desired its not quite on the same league as sticking your arm up a cows arse.
I'd rather stick my arm up your ass, than stick it in the mouth of some scruff that doesn't look after their teeth.

one of a few reasons i'd never get a pet.
Bizarre take.

If you look after your pet in the same way you do your own health, then it should limit the risk of needing to go to a vet.

Obviously that requires buying your pet decent food and not feeding it Maccies etc, but you can't be surprised about trips to the vets if you don't look after your pets wellbeing.

Bizarre take.

If you look after your pet in the same way you do your own health, then it should limit the risk of needing to go to a vet.

Obviously that requires buying your pet decent food and not feeding it Maccies etc, but you can't be surprised about trips to the vets if you don't look after your pets wellbeing.
We had a 2 year old Lab.

Absolute belting dog. His diet was arguably better than mine and his fitness and wellbeing.

Anyway, to cut long story short he developed stomach cancer. It was going to be years of expensive treatment with no guarantee of a better standard of life. Or the inevitable put him to sleep.

Hardest decision i have made in my life.

You could have the best fed, trained, looked after dog in the world.

Some things are out of your hands.

We had a 2 year old Lab.

Absolute belting dog. His diet was arguably better than mine and his fitness and wellbeing.

Anyway, to cut long story short he developed stomach cancer. It was going to be years of expensive treatment with no guarantee of a better standard of life. Or the inevitable put him to sleep.

Hardest decision i have made in my life.

You could have the best fed, trained, looked after dog in the world.

Some things are out of your hands.
No I totally understand, and thats an awful position for you to have been in, you wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I guess what I'm saying is, as long as you're doing the best for your pet then the rest is just out of your hands as you say.

I think it's the general trips to the vets that shaft people the most, the ones where you come out £100 worse off and with a bottle of eye drops!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.