Why do we "forget" how to play without Silva?

I was thinking the other day how the 2011/12 Team also faced parked buses regularly...Would this current Team have overcome QPR in 93:20? Much as I disliked him Samir Nasri provided that extra outlet to balance Silva's wizadry. Teams couldn't just double up on Silva. Of course our defence even got sucker punched but with Dzecko,Balotelli,Johnson and Tevez we had so many different options for Silva and Nasri to find. We lack strength and height in the Team now and for Silva the options to unlock defences are limited in a static attack.

That's the problem I fear we are just not as good as that team these days. We are going backwards and others are getting better. We need three or four big purchases in the summer just to keep up. But who?

Silva is the type of player than can plan 5 to 6 passes before the killer ball that unlocks a defence. KDB can unlock a defence, but is more in the moment if there is space or an opportunity. Silva creates the opportunity 5 or 6 passes earlier.

We had the right game plan to unlock the United bus when Dave went off, but we needed all the forwards to be on their game to stretch the bus wide to create the spaces, unfortunately Leroy and Sterling werent at the races that day, but after a season of great performances from them both, you can excuse 1 iffy game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.