Why do we need to work?

I know we all ask it jokingly from time to time. But it is going to become one of THE biggest questions of the next 10 years.

Before I click play, I would like to know your answer to that question and then I will gauge whether your answer has been affected by this (probably nonsense) youtube thing

Because shit needs to get done to maintain civilization..(bullshit 'jobs' not included) When technology makes human productiveness completely redundant there might be a 'Brave New World', which doesn't seem like much of a dystopia to me. Prefer Soma to Soylent Green.

The drip drip of automisation has begun. Like Mark Blyth says, if uber nail driverless cars within the next 5 years or so. That's 8 million jobs in the us alone gone over night. The solution to potentially having a lot of people without anything to do needs addressed NOW. I've seen plenty on the universal basic income as a solution. But Blyth (who's one of the greatest thinkers of our time) does have some interesting comments here. Worth a look. It's not a long video btw.

The drip drip of automisation has begun. Like Mark Blyth says, if uber nail driverless cars within the next 5 years or so. That's 8 million jobs in the us alone gone over night. The solution to potentially having a lot of people without anything to do needs addressed NOW. I've seen plenty on the universal basic income as a solution. But Blyth (who's one of the greatest thinkers of our time) does have some interesting comments here. Worth a look. It's not a long video btw.
Uber are about 10 years behind google.

We need to work so that the elite ruling class can continue ruling the world. What better way to stay on top than to keep your subordinates preoccupied for 50 hours a week content and oblivious? (a touch of tongue in cheek here)

It's a huge issue. Obvious economically a lot of thought is going to have to go into it and if any political party isn't addressing it or even just beginning to talk about it then I would be suspicious...

But having said that....if anyone doesn't see this as a possibility to cure our nations woes, then they must be slow.

If we had millions of people kicking their heels, is there no reason why we could have an ARMY of people all with a guaranteed income who's purpose was to spend their days:
looking after our elderly, educating our kids, policing our streets, supporting our mentally ill, being doctors, research scientists, health and fitness coordinators, dieticians, firemen, search and rescue, farmers, musicisns, midwives, councillors, football coaches, conflict resolution experts, gardeners ... You know.....stuff that actually matters and would genuinely improve society

To get out of the fucking house. Christ, spending all day at home with the missus..........???
Give this man a medal or an alternative send the women out and leave us to watch sport, play computer games and wank

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.