why does it feel

TBH I don't feel that way, league finished weeks ago, cup final mah I'm over it. today was a nonevent. I'm grateful the season didn't finish in Jan like years ago. And happy in the knowledge that next year we will challenge again.

Lomas has a lob on said:
This may sound spoilt, but I'm glad the season is over, the result and performance today was the icing on the cake of a shit week, but I'm already over it and I'm just looking forward to the new regime and any new players coming in now.

Me too.

The Pink Panther said:
On GMR tonight, Jimmy Wagg summed up this season brilliantly with one phrase "anti climax"

Right from the off we've been slow and laboured. We struggled in the Chumps league and in too many matches in The Prem we looked like a Pearce squad, lacking in ideas and the nouse to break down a team that was playing for a draw

As we just nicked the league last year I think we all expected us with that experience to piush on and destroy all comers
Unfortunately, too many players believed that the opposition would just roll over and die and all we had to do was turn up

The season as a whole from players and supporters has been very flat

^^THIS

I honestly think we are destined for greater things come next season. We will look back on this season as a major transition in the future success of our club.

Those players need to know that if they want to stay here and win things, they've got one hell of a season coming up next year.

They moaned and sulked this year. Blamed our below-par season and more recent piss-poor form on the manager. Only the manager. Now he's gone and today was fucking shite. Don't care if it's the last game and a dead rubber. It's, in many ways for them, a celebration!

They got their wish, the manager (who apparently was at fault for them not performing as well as they could) has gone and they had the chance to prove to us (who have no choice but to stick with City when times are a bit shit [as we all fucking know!]) that they can perform and will be willing to fight like mad next year. They just didn't show up. Fringe players who wanted to play more, didn't show up, didn't run enough (to quote Mancini) and didn't give a toss.

Body language reveals a lot in football. We've got a lot of babies in that team. Spoilt rotten. Mancini was in charge during the best home spell I think we've ever had? 1 loss in the league in the past 2 and a half years until today! That's taken a hit because they couldn't be arsed today!

I truly 'get' why Mancini has gone. But, if the owners are to go with this 'holistic' approach nonsense, I suspect that we'll be signing a different 'type' of footballer in the future. Much more in the mould of Rodwell (young, talented, promising and grounded). I've been pissed off by a lack of effort more than anything. Not something I ever expect to say again.

I too feel a bit down with all the goings on and how this
last week has panned out.
Hope the spineless ones have a nice holiday after they've
gone through the motions in New York.
Any money i had for a holiday went on last weekend.

Pam said:
I am trying very hard not to hate the twats that got our manager sacked.

Me too :-/ big shake up and sort out and we will be back on track next season com-on-city the bluemoon is rising :-)

n_mcfc said:
Those players need to know that if they want to stay here and win things, they've got one hell of a season coming up next year.

They moaned and sulked this year. Blamed our below-par season and more recent piss-poor form on the manager. Only the manager. Now he's gone and today was fucking shite. Don't care if it's the last game and a dead rubber. It's, in many ways for them, a celebration!

They got their wish, the manager (who apparently was at fault for them not performing as well as they could) has gone and they had the chance to prove to us (who have no choice but to stick with City when times are a bit shit [as we all fucking know!]) that they can perform and will be willing to fight like mad next year. They just didn't show up. Fringe players who wanted to play more, didn't show up, didn't run enough (to quote Mancini) and didn't give a toss.

Body language reveals a lot in football. We've got a lot of babies in that team. Spoilt rotten. Mancini was in charge during the best home spell I think we've ever had? 1 loss in the league in the past 2 and a half years until today! That's taken a hit because they couldn't be arsed today!

I truly 'get' why Mancini has gone. But, if the owners are to go with this 'holistic' approach nonsense, I suspect that we'll be signing a different 'type' of footballer in the future. Much more in the mould of Rodwell (young, talented, promising and grounded). I've been pissed off by a lack of effort more than anything. Not something I ever expect to say again.

This last week or so has been a bit unforgivable from some of our players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.