Why haven’t Manchester City become the "super club" they should be?

What I'm trying to get at was players brought it on themselves to get a man sacked because he was honest with them and didn't pander to their "feelings"..... It still boils my piss to this day that the players took no responsibility for what happened that season, and the bad thing is it's still continuing even to this day, the players put piss poor performances in, then its up to Pep to take the wrap, leaving the illusion that the players always give 100% and that it must be down to the shit tactics why we lose games!

IMO we'll never be a super club, not when we continue to meet the needs of every fucking player, even when they can't be arsed giving it their all in every game!

Rant over, I'll stop boring people now!
Let's say this again because some people still believe this myth. Player revolts were peripheral in Mancini's sacking. The club took little notice of players whingeing until even Zab & Silva said they'd had enough. His fate was sealed by his attitude to Soriano & Begiristain and the way they wanted to do things. Toure and Aguero also made noises about leaving or not signing new contracts so there was hardly a campaign to force out the "troublemakers". And Hart & Nasri have been forced out for reasons other than moaning about Mancini. Had players been the only problem, Mancini might have lasted longer than he did. If he's said, "Fine. I'll work the way you want and am happy to work with a DoF as long as you back me in any battle with a player" I'm pretty sure he'd have got that backing.

I do agree however that players should give their best and Pep taking no account of egos can only be a good thing.

1pe6br.jpg
Bit harsh, wouldn't call Bobby a plastic, glory-hunting ****.

super club hahahahahahahaha are united a super club

manchester city don't need to be a so called super club we will never lick ass with uefa but one day they will need us and we should show them the door. we have built something that the others all would love to have a campus that works around the whole of manchester and we have built a community with homes school jobs that will pay manchester city a very big income with its merry go round and in the next 5 to 10 years will be the bench mark for football

so forget being a super club manchester city are going to be a level above

It's nice that the club is in good health, considering the recent past we had.
But, football these days is getting further and further away from the actual game.
I know ANY club doesn't want to go bust, but this sport is about the 90+ minutes played
by the players and that's all i care about. I don't give a flying, how big we are perceived.
To me, we are MASSIVE ;-)

The biggest misapprehension in this thread is that if we'd recruited well in the summer of 2012 we would have obliterated the competition to the point where it would have been in some way irreversible. It's an utterly foolish and misguided notion. Empires rise and fall - and sometimes rise again. Dynamics in a football squad are something that is both very finely balanced and hard to predict and control. Just because we'd bought Van Persie and De Rossi back then wouldn't have made us stronger today or prevented Chelsea (for example) in any way from rebuilding. You can only have a squad of 25, no matter how much money you've got to splash .

The biggest misapprehension in this thread is that if we'd recruited well in the summer of 2012 we would have obliterated the competition to the point where it would have been in some way irreversible. It's an utterly foolish and misguided notion. Empires rise and fall - and sometimes rise again. Dynamics in a football squad are something that is both very finely balanced and hard to predict and control. Just because we'd bought Van Persie and De Rossi back then wouldn't have made us stronger today or prevented Chelsea (for example) in any way from rebuilding. You can only have a squad of 25, no matter how much money you've got to splash .

Aye. Some people carry on as if it's an exact science.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.