"Wigan Blues" Flag Taken from Sunderland

Re: Thieving Blues

Just so you know my son was in row 2 and saw a few Blues getting ejected who seemingly argued with a steward that they wanted to stand. As they were getting ejected as a result of losing this argument the last of them turned and pleaded with a steward to let him take his flag. This flag did definitely have 'WIGAN BLUES' on it. Whether it was a genuine mistake or not we do not know.
If it was indeed a genuine mistake (?) - as there were several similar flags - you may even get it back. I wouldn't hold your breath however.
Just thought you would like to know.

mcfc said:
can i just say we lost our flag at hull last season, due to beer we all forgot about it, till someone from high peak blues phoned us up the next day and said they seen it and took it home for us, where they then said go to maryds and it will be there for you, so there are some top blues too.

I agree, Theres still some great Blues out there.
my mate left his phone on the table in the bar at Euston station last year on the way back home. Some Blues had found it, seen his City crest screensaver then phoned his home and let his wife now they had it.
The first we knew he had lost it was when his wife phoned me to tell him.
We phoned them and they were on the train after us to Piccadilly
Result.

stirlingblue said:
Just so you know my son was in row 2 and saw a few Blues getting ejected who seemingly argued with a steward that they wanted to stand. As they were getting ejected as a result of losing this argument the last of them turned and pleaded with a steward to let him take his flag. This flag did definitely have 'WIGAN BLUES' on it. Whether it was a genuine mistake or not we do not know.
If it was indeed a genuine mistake (?) - as there were several similar flags - you may even get it back. I wouldn't hold your breath however.
Just thought you would like to know.

Cheers, that is a more detailed version of what a few have said so that seems to be what happened. Thanks to you all.

All I can say is that guvnors son mcfc's idea was a good one. If you have it please drop it off at the club shop or PM me.

mate i was on row 3 right behind your flag i am 100 % that the stewards removed the flag when they threw 4 fans out who were right behind it

desperatedon said:
guvnors son mcfc said:
Very sad, I was talking the bloke as he was tying it up at the front, he was saying it had been all over the country with him. Someone must have seen who has taken it. If they have any decency they should get someone to drop it into the club shop.

-- Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:52 pm --

Very sad, I was talking the bloke as he was tying it up at the front, he was saying it had been all over the country with him. Someone must have seen who has taken it. If they have any decency they should get someone to drop it into the club shop.

Thanks for that mate I remember chatting to you, you were with your lad if memory serves. You were right on two counts, Bent didn't score and the flag did get some attention but not from the T.V !

Yes that was me,my lad had a great day and had his photo taken with most of the flags on display. I am sure it will turn up, whoever has taken it will probably read Bluemoon ( we all do ) I bumped into an old mate and helped him tie up his MCFC SALFORD flag. The fans who go to the trouble of buying a flag and then carrying them around are REAL BLUES, if the fan who has taken it does not return it he can Fuck off to Old Trafford for me !!!

Let us know when you get the Flag back.
Or the first time you take it to a game you'll get collered by all us and your flag taken off you.
So we can return it to you on here.

DaveH said:
Let us know when you get the Flag back.
Or the first time you take it to a game you'll get collered by all us and your flag taken off you.
So we can return it to you on here.

Good point, but you will know it's me because I will have a pie in my hand :-)

I have emailed SAFC and the City Store and will let you know if I get a result.

desperatedon said:
Thanks to the thieving lowlife who stole my son's 10 foot flag today at the game. It was at the front behind the goals next to a big blue Q of S flag until late in the game when it was nicked.

Now I can almost understand supporters of other teams nicking them but BLUES STEALING FROM BLUES? It is disgraceful! I would have thought we were above that sort of thing, obviously not.

As it was a Red St George flag with WIGAN BLUES on the cross I have no idea why you would want it unless you are just one of these people who steal things for the hell of it.

My lad was gutted as that flag has travelled half way round the world with us watching City (you can see it on the home page of this site).

If you are reading this then you are probably the type of person who will find it funny, I wonder if anyone else on here does. However, in the off chance that you have a "mate" who took it by "mistake" then PM me.

WHAT!???

This is a disgrace! if it is a mistake that someone alsoput a flag nearby and thought it was there's then fair enough, but I would happily give the thieving bastard a good old fashioned back hand slap right across the chops for doing such a lowlife scumbag tiing like this!

I hope it is returned to you and your kid!

I put a post on the official mcfc facebook page and there are alot of our fans there saying it was the steward that took it.

Ric Ireland Manchester City FC - Official: A fan on Bluemoon had his flag mistakenly taken or stolen on Sunday, possibly by a fellow
Blue, at the Sunderland game and we're trying to track it down. Any help
would be appreciated. The owner of the flag isn't looking to press
charges or anything like that, he just wants his flag back as the cost
of a flag isn't exa...ctly cheap, but also there is sentimental value too.

You can see a picture of it here
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167332</a>

Any help retrieving this flag would be greatly appreciated.
See More
Bluemoon • View topic - Thieving Blues
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a>
Thanks to the thieving lowlife who stole my son's 10 foot flag today at the game. It was at the front behind the goals next to a big blue Q of S flag until late in the game when it was nicked.Now I can ...
Yesterday at 7:18pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Share
3 people like this.
Alex De Jong Mason
Alex De Jong Mason
weve got some reet scruffy bastard fans! i had a flag nicked years ago at ewood park some scruffy city fan robbed it wene i wasnt looking. they need to get jobs!
Yesterday at 8:06pm ·
Ric Ireland
Ric Ireland
It does look like its one of our own. Shameful
Yesterday at 8:15pm ·
Ruth Leigh
Ruth Leigh
should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves
Yesterday at 8:25pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
i was there the stewards took it when some fans were removed for refusing to sit
Yesterday at 8:56pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
if it was a wigan blues one it was definately the stewards
Yesterday at 8:56pm ·
Katie Platt
Katie Platt
how do you lose a ten foot flag without noticing??
Yesterday at 8:59pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
it is the flag i was thinking it was the stewards im not registered on blue moon so would appreciate if you can pass this on and he can get on to Sunderland
Yesterday at 9:11pm ·
Pauline QueenofthekippaxMurphy
Pauline QueenofthekippaxMurphy
Exactly Katie lol x, having said that I left my baby bath outside a shop, it was in a box as well so was quite big...got it back though lol
Yesterday at 9:17pm ·

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.