"Wigan Blues" Flag Taken from Sunderland

Re: Thieving Blues

Ricster said:
I put a post on the official mcfc facebook page and there are alot of our fans there saying it was the steward that took it.

Ric Ireland Manchester City FC - Official: A fan on Bluemoon had his flag mistakenly taken or stolen on Sunday, possibly by a fellow
Blue, at the Sunderland game and we're trying to track it down. Any help
would be appreciated. The owner of the flag isn't looking to press
charges or anything like that, he just wants his flag back as the cost
of a flag isn't exa...ctly cheap, but also there is sentimental value too.

You can see a picture of it here
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=167332</a>

Any help retrieving this flag would be greatly appreciated.
See More
Bluemoon • View topic - Thieving Blues
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk</a>
Thanks to the thieving lowlife who stole my son's 10 foot flag today at the game. It was at the front behind the goals next to a big blue Q of S flag until late in the game when it was nicked.Now I can ...
Yesterday at 7:18pm · Comment · LikeUnlike · Share
3 people like this.
Alex De Jong Mason
Alex De Jong Mason
weve got some reet scruffy bastard fans! i had a flag nicked years ago at ewood park some scruffy city fan robbed it wene i wasnt looking. they need to get jobs!
Yesterday at 8:06pm ·
Ric Ireland
Ric Ireland
It does look like its one of our own. Shameful
Yesterday at 8:15pm ·
Ruth Leigh
Ruth Leigh
should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves
Yesterday at 8:25pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
i was there the stewards took it when some fans were removed for refusing to sit
Yesterday at 8:56pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
if it was a wigan blues one it was definately the stewards
Yesterday at 8:56pm ·
Katie Platt
Katie Platt
how do you lose a ten foot flag without noticing??
Yesterday at 8:59pm ·
Lee Wellens
Lee Wellens
it is the flag i was thinking it was the stewards im not registered on blue moon so would appreciate if you can pass this on and he can get on to Sunderland
Yesterday at 9:11pm ·
Pauline QueenofthekippaxMurphy
Pauline QueenofthekippaxMurphy
Exactly Katie lol x, having said that I left my baby bath outside a shop, it was in a box as well so was quite big...got it back though lol
Yesterday at 9:17pm ·
i was there the stewards took it when some fans were removed for refusing to sit
So it was thieving stewards then ??????

bluemanc said:
Ricster said:
I put a post on the official mcfc facebook page and there are alot of our fans there saying it was the steward that took it.

It definately looks that way. I believe someone said this in this thread also.

Either way, the steward shouldn't be touching it and im pretty sure the flag owner could have a field day with the stewarding company and SAFC

I had a flag that I'd had since '89 and it was stolen by a blue in Hamburg last year... scum bags.

Ricster said:
bluemanc said:

Either way, the steward shouldn't be touching it and im pretty sure the flag owner could have a field day with the stewarding company and SAFC

I have received a reply from SAFC. I must say that I am impressed with the speed of their reply as follows:

I was forwarded your e-mail by our enquiry service.

On checking our c.c.t.v. footage we found that your flag had been taken down by a Police officer and given to one of the males who was ejected (we do not know why)

I am also sorry to say we have no record of the names of those ejected, unfortunately.

I do hope you get your flag back in the near future, maybe at your next game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Kind Regards

Security Supervisor

If the flag was thrust upon them by a Policeman who assumed it was theirs then fair enough (they could have refused it thought) but it has been suggested that they asked for it before they were ejected. The Blue in me would like to think it was the former.

desperatedon said:
Ricster said:

I have received a reply from SAFC. I must say that I am impressed with the speed of their reply as follows:

I was forwarded your e-mail by our enquiry service.

On checking our c.c.t.v. footage we found that your flag had been taken down by a Police officer and given to one of the males who was ejected (we do not know why)

I am also sorry to say we have no record of the names of those ejected, unfortunately.

I do hope you get your flag back in the near future, maybe at your next game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Kind Regards

Security Supervisor

If the flag was thrust upon them by a Policeman who assumed it was theirs then fair enough (they could have refused it thought) but it has been suggested that they asked for it before they were ejected. The Blue in me would like to think it was the former.

see if they will send picture from cctv of police handing flag over may with assistance of bluemoon be able to id them ?

TheMightyQuinn said:
BLUEMOONBAZ said:
well that depends if they return it

To be fair the guy who has it was given it by a policeman, he's not stolen it.

True m8, hence if they dont return it .. there stealing it
would you hand a flag in if you found it or it was handed to you ?

yes i would guess , lets hope the guys see,s or hears about the op problem and returns it .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.