Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some great, vital saves. His kicking was a bit iffy which I assume is why Pep was having a word with him after the game. Deservedly our number 1.

Most assured goalkeeping performance of the season. Looked comfortable in possession, didn't panic at all and in addition made some decent saves, one of which came just after we scored the 2nd and didn't allow them back into the game. Today was the kind of performance we need from a City number 1, we don't need someone pulling off worldie after worldie because the opposition in this league will hardly ever have enough of the ball to pepper our goal under Pep.

Made some great, vital saves. His kicking was a bit iffy which I assume is why Pep was having a word with him after the game. Deservedly our number 1.

His saves were brilliant. I don't get how significant it is for keepers to be part of the play for the sake of it and that skill is more important that saving. Today it shows our team is good enough to win without having a keeper who does extraordinary passes. We still managed 2 goals and created many chances. For me, we don't need a keeper good with his feet. But a keeper good with stopping shots? Every team needs them.

Main thing for me is how our defence is more settled with Willy in nets. The more games he's played, the more confidence and ability to save shots he has shown. I don't care how Bravo Is with his feet, Willy calms my nerves better and makes saves!

Waited patiently for a few years for a fair crack of the whip which he seems to have taken with both hands.
I'm made up for the lad and hope his good run continues. I'd imagine Bravo will be off loaded at the end of the season so hopefully we can sign a decent young keeper which will probably put willy back on the bench, but he seems happy enough at City and would still be a great backup for a year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.