Wimbledon

Used to love playing it when I was a teenager and watching Wimbers.

Don't really bother so much but like to see our players do well.

Not that this is an actual thing, but I live in hope.

When I was a young schoolboy I turned the volume on the telly down and turned on the test match coverage on the radio. Everything seems to be out of synch now but five days of a test match back the.....heaven.

Is it just me or did the summers seem to stretch on forever back then?

"Is it just me or did the summers seem to stretch on forever back then?"

It's just you.

I googled it and some people have always thought they were too short.

Living in the uk increases the probability of the incidence of this malaise by up to 47%. Up here in Scotland that figure rises to 96%.

Although I do remember one really hot summer and nostalgia has made that the norm.

"Is it just me or did the summers seem to stretch on forever back then?"

It's just you.

I googled it and some people have always thought they were too short.

Living in the uk increases the probability of the incidence of this malaise by up to 47%. Up here in Scotland that figure rises to 96%.

Although I do remember one really hot summer and nostalgia has made that the norm.

Maybe it's something to do wth moving 400 miles north. I always thought the Scot's colour was genetic, turns out it's geographic! Behold my lillywhitedness.

No it sums you up, Kyle Edmund is only 22 and a top 50 ranked player already, at the moment he qualifies via his ranking for all the Grand Slams and ATP World Tour tournaments, including the masters (that's the important ones). The reason you haven't heard of him is obviously because you don't follow the sport, except for 2 weeks a year.

This.

It's like saying you've not heard of any of the England u21 squad. There are some great players at the moment that none tennis fans will not have heard of. Dimitrov, thiem, nishikori, raonic.

No it sums you up, Kyle Edmund is only 22 and a top 50 ranked player already, at the moment he qualifies via his ranking for all the Grand Slams and ATP World Tour tournaments, including the masters (that's the important ones). The reason you haven't heard of him is obviously because you don't follow the sport, except for 2 weeks a year.

well said

Edmunds doing Britain proud - watched him in the Davies Cup and he showed a lot of potential

erm... Andy Murray ?

I was talking about the other players really when I said that. Player =Murray, Players, plural, all the others who tend to be not very good. :)

Or last long, if you miss the first day it's gone. Over, kaput, no more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.