Wireless speaker advice

HiFi equipment is some of the nicest way to spend money. What is your current system apart from Sonos?

Currently Peachtree Audio 220 power amp and Nova hybrid tube preamp / DAC. I moved everything digital when I moved into my new smaller house. Keep all my files lossless on a big dedicated server that hangs off the Sonos. Dynaudio X34 speakers. Some good quality cables that I don't remember what they are off top of my head. I've switched around just every year for the last 20 but I've been really loving this set up for the past 3. I've owned some stupid esoteric stuff in the past. This set up just works and I don't have a good enough ear to appreciate much better. Also - it's nice for the system to be really unobtrusive. Lets me keep the house uncluttered.

HiFi equipment is some of the nicest way to spend money. What is your current system apart from Sonos?
Fucking love hifi. Had a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3 amp and power supply, and the CD player for a few years now. Absolutely great sound. Been toying with getting the amp serviced, but need to do a bit of saving. Got a Dynaudio Performance deck as well. Speakers are B&W 805s. Love the stuff. I'd spend more if I could.....!

Currently Peachtree Audio 220 power amp and Nova hybrid tube preamp / DAC. I moved everything digital when I moved into my new smaller house. Keep all my files lossless on a big dedicated server that hangs off the Sonos. Dynaudio X34 speakers. Some good quality cables that I don't remember what they are off top of my head. I've switched around just every year for the last 20 but I've been really loving this set up for the past 3. I've owned some stupid esoteric stuff in the past. This set up just works and I don't have a good enough ear to appreciate much better. Also - it's nice for the system to be really unobtrusive. Lets me keep the house uncluttered.
I'm afraid to admit I haven't heard of that equipment. Probably USA manufactured? After having had various Cyrus amps with various speaker and front end combinations for the last 30 odd years I went digital last year and currently use a sonos connect with a Linn DSM and Monotor Audio Gold floorstanders. Sounds wonderful and Sonos is so good. I use Tidal for most of the music I listen to and rarely touch my old cd collection. I'm going deaf in one ear caused by too much very loud music in my youth but can still appreciate good hi fi. All cabling is under floor so it looks pretty good and the MA speakers are gorgeous. There is no greater pleasure than to sit in a comfy chair with a glass of good wine and listen to the music you love as if it was being played live in the room.

Fucking love hifi. Had a Musical Fidelity Nu-Vista M3 amp and power supply, and the CD player for a few years now. Absolutely great sound. Been toying with getting the amp serviced, but need to do a bit of saving. Got a Dynaudio Performance deck as well. Speakers are B&W 805s. Love the stuff. I'd spend more if I could.....!
That's a nice system mate. One of life's pleasures is planning how you are going to upgrade it and get that bit more quality out of the system, wether it's new cables, a better dac. I remember some years ago filling my speaker stands with builders sand to improve the stability. That was probably the cheapest upgrade I ever did!

Sat in your comfy armchair with a beer in hand you just speak "Alexa tell Sonos to play Oasis"
And then the Sonos 1 will just do its thing!

Laugh and put something decent on?

My biggest trouble is my vinyl collection. It's what I listen to on most days. The new speakery thing will be in the new extension that's just been built. I want it to connect to my hard drive, be able to play internet radio (do I have to use a phone for that? Is there anything built in?) and that's about it. I don't really want to use a phone to call up the internet radio and then stream that. I guess I really want what my record player is connected to.

Is this Sonos?

Or is it just run from my phone?

Linn LP12 with Naim ARO
Naim amps, pre, power and several power supplies
Naim CD
Naim SBLs
Several Hundred LPs and CDs
Several GB of stuff on HDD fed into it via Apple Airport Express
That's the music room
In the lounge it's a Naim Muso for music and as a sound bar.

Aapart from the Muso nothing was bought new and I've been assembling this lot over the last 30 years.
Still takes some beating.

Linn LP12 with Naim ARO
Naim amps, pre, power and several power supplies
Naim CD
Naim SBLs
Several Hundred LPs and CDs
Several GB of stuff on HDD fed into it via Apple Airport Express
That's the music room
In the lounge it's a Naim Muso for music and as a sound bar.

Aapart from the Muso nothing was bought new and I've been assembling this lot over the last 30 years.
Still takes some beating.
That's serious stuff mate! What's the Linn LP12?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.