Chelsea - 0
Spurs - 8
Liverpool - 0
Arsenal - 0
United - 4
Everton - 0
Southampton - 0
Bournemouth - 15

So less than 30 minutes against the better teams. Sure, it looks like he will be a superstar but far too early to get ahead of yourself here Marvin
I wanted to see whether my feeling about City with and without Jesus was right.

I accept he played in relatively easier games, but we spent half the season trying to beat these "easy" teams at home and drawing

They can try but you wont get a physically tougher league than Brazil. He knows how to dive. And he's seriously quick.
Agreed.

It is possible to imagine domestic football in Brazil as some tippy-tappy paradise, but the truth is very different. In fact, in a way, it is in a throwback to how our game was played in years gone by. Tackles fly in fast and hard so skill position players are regularly hacked. They do tend to be more accepting of it however. A player who has just had a lump or two kicked out of him, is far more likely to simply get up and dust himself down in Brazil than is the case in Europe.

We're going to get hammered with that rule. Three flying machines: Sane, Jesus and Sterling

But remember that to be hammered by that rule we've got to be given a penalty (or an opponent sent off). And we know how often that happens (not)

Jesus has 10 league appearances for City which includes two fleeting sub appearances against Spurs and Man Utd, and the game at Bournemouth where he got injured. In that time he scored 7 league goals.

In that time City scored 27 goals and took 24 points

We were undefeated.

Extrapolate for a whole season and we score over 100 league goals and finish on 91 points.
The slightly scary thing is that this season had this happened we would still have finished second.

The slightly scary thing is that this season had this happened we would still have finished second.
That is true. But a team that gets 91 points would normally win the title. And I could argue that had Kompany and jesus played against Chelsea we might have taken a point at least from one of those games and that would have been enough.

But remember that to be hammered by that rule we've got to be given a penalty (or an opponent sent off). And we know how often that happens (not)
What is the exact rule then? I thought it was just retrospective action for diving, I didn't realise it was restricted to certain incidents

Same sort of thread you hear time after time on here.

We heard at for Balotellis strike rate to minutes on the field, same for Kelechi and now we have a new striker the same process again.

I think without question Jesus on the left will give us a more significant goal threat as sadly our midfielders fail to contribute as many goals as the likes of Alonso/Tim Cahill let alone Son or Alli at Spurs and therefore the reliance is on Aguero continuously throughout the whole season.

We have seen this season and last that City's form over a period rarely reflects a whole of the season as the last two years we have started at a blistering pace and then faltered. Nice and easy run in but he still contributed. Much more to come from him though as It's a bit of 'shiny new toy' syndrome at the minute as Sane has consistently outperformed him so far but everything positive seems to be apportioned to the lad rather than other players getting more credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.