Wolves post match

On the stream we were watching, the commentator claimed that Sergio's successful penalty in the shootout meant that he had overtaken Eric Brook's total.

Fucking idiot!

Well yes, you do need to say more, we were the only team that came to play actual football and we should've and could've won that game in 90 minutes.
We didn't have 10-11 man crowding our box so the numbers are pretty logical and the impact on our clinicalness shouldn't come as a surprise. They literally threw every possible body in front of any chance.
Also, 9 changes will always have an effect on the team performance.
It wasn't a pretty sight but I don't feel it's an indicator of what to expect going forward.

I agree, the stats however are similar to when we were unable to shoot straight last season. We peppered the opponents yet rarely hit the target so few goals resulted. A couple of defensive mistakes and bingo we lost 2 . 1 or only drew when we had bossed possession against a massed defence.

With our usual team playing hopefully we will regain our shooting boots. I think that based on last nights display those who shoot should pretend they are taking a penalty.

well, having played and continue to play football regularly i can sympathise a bit with the ball argument - it is extremely noticeable when you play with a ball that you are not used to playing with, it sticks out like a saw thumb and it can get under your skin. Having said that, i think that's mainly cos i'm a crap amateur, these lot could probably rise above it :)
At the professional level I suspect it's far worse. Able to strike a ball just so, to get the perfect weight/bend on it, and playing regularly with that ball over the course of a season - and then comes some other thing which behaves totally differently and a few practice sessions to adjust - screwed up passing in the league cup can be expected. I just hope this doesn't screw up our P/L and C/L performances.

It keeps the ball rolling but this competition's taking more out of us than all the others. Kicked off the park at WBA, then 2 hours of that crud. Well done Bravo, motm.

Not sure about the "taking more out of us" - we made 9 changes last night, including our entire back 5. We're in the hat for the QF which gives us another chance to get fringe players in a competitive game

Good win in the end last night and well played wolves they took us to the wire. If they put there chances away they should of won. Well played Bravo best game he's had for us. Hopefully rags in the next round please.

I think he got parts of the selection totally wrong last night. Yes it's the last of the priorities but it's still a trophy and it would be good to win it again. We got through but at what cost?
To change the whole defence was crazy and Mangala is a disaster who needs to be sold in January. Also when you make numerous changes and don't win the game, this adds to the fatigue and injuries (as proved last night) Surely then this is counter productive?
Why not mirror the league team, win the game and then make changes?
No one can predict when a match will go into extra time.
Squad players have to be given matches otherwise they are rusty when they are needed. Guardiola has access to the physiological measurements that indicates who needs resting.
I have no argument with our manager choosing the side he thinks most appropriate for what is a secondary competition, I didn't last year against rags or the year before in the FA cup

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.