Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Jane Ross with the second, no idea what the keeper was doing, she seemed to have the reach and time to tip it over the bar.

She's been watching David de Gea videos on a loop, particularly the second Sevilla goal!

I thought it was a tired performance. We were a little unlucky in that we hit the post and the bar with powerful shots. Linkopping had very little up front. The sending off didn't seem to affect them one bit. 2-0 should be enough, but I think they need to sleep for the best part of the week. Pity there's a game on Sunday.

Izzy was missed in midfield. She's a busy player, and would have caused a lot more bother for the Swedes. She should be back for the second leg.

Too many wayward passes, and why do players find it so difficult to keep the ball below the level of the bar?

Hard work watching that. Well in control until we got the ball into or near the last third and then we were completely clueless. No movement in and around the box and some of the shooting and crossing was beyond bad. Good result but they really should have chased that third goal a bit harder.

I wasn't able to watch it all, as I'm at work, but I thought we looked better than recently, certainly more solid looking in defence with Stef back.

Good result but they really should have chased that third goal a bit harder.
I thought we did chase the 3rd, but seemed to get ever more desperate in that chase, and were making wrong decisions.

2-0 though is a good result, can see us scoring away, and didn't see much threat from them to score more than 2.

Not watched them for a few months and are definitely lacking something especially in the final third a goal scorer would be a good start and we missed Christenson (sp)

That being said off the back of the defeat to Arsenal a win is a win and they always looked in control even 11 v 11.

BBC News this morning once again giving coverage to Chelsea Ladies but only a passing reference to City Women - pretty much reflects the coverage on the BBC Sports website - which has far and away better coverage of Chelsea than any other club.

i've just had a glance at the Uefa Women's site and they show us having 27 shots! That's a shot every three mins or so! I don't remember that many. One or three ballooned over the bar, the post, the bar and two goals and I'm up to about ten or twelve. I wouldn't count that little toe poke by someone in the second half that travelled towards an open net at about three miles an hour a worthwhile and countable shot. Top to bottom, men, kids and women, we must miss more chances than any other club. Four nowt would have been a more representative scoreline. I think we are missing Duggers! She wasn't the fastest but she would have netted a couple last night. Jane Ross is superb at holding up play and great for a header, but we have this pattern of play - sideways and backwards - that bollards could defend against. We need to be much quicker in the pass, quicker in anticipation. A good few passes were overhit that would have stretched a greyhound. But a win's a win and barring some 'mist' afflicting someone and a red appearing in the return we should be ok. We will need to improve in the semis if we get by Linkopping!

See our nearest and dearest are being shamed into setting up a ladies team.

I suspect they will be tapping up our players as I write.
Ed Woodward is on the case! He says that the (second tier) Womens’ team will be built on exactly the same principles as the mens’ team.

So now you know. Defence in depth and hoof ball all the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.